Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd August 2015, 06:38 PM
Engineer

Full Name: keith flinton
Default lincoln rally 2015

had a good day but doing the commentary means no photos but davidje and arfur were ther so will have photos befor long had a good chat with Mark vine all the way from darn sarf!!
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: mark vine

Well what a lovely day, good company ,weather to die for and friends all over the place, and to finish off the day my beloved MGC did not miss a beat, happy day's.
Next year we will bring one or two toy's to join in the fun.

Mark.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 01:45 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bloor

It was good for us to see many different engines. The particular highlight for us, (apart from meeting Tiny and Mark ) was to get up close the Colonial Foden. It's a credit to the Wyeld family. Photo's will follow at some stage . . .. .. . .
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 03:39 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Paul Fish

I took a little 400mile detour home from work saturday, great variety of steam there, mostly enjoyed my afternoon/evening and hopefully got a few good photos out of the thousands i took, which moves me along to my whinge....

I have never been to a rally/fair/show etc with soooo many ignorant people, i can accept the odd one or two will get in the way of a group of photographers all stood in a line, most of the time they realise and say sorry and move, but yesterday... beyond a joke, as an example there was 1 man who moved and stood literally in front of me 4 times even though i moved some 40ft away in total, another instance was when i asked politely if they could stand back a bit they grunted "its a free country", really was the worst steam/fair/show/race meeting ive experianced in all my years.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 04:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Joe Shadbolt

We visited for the day on Saturday had a good day. Enjoyed getting out my area and seeing different engines. Have uploaded a picture of a large NZ? Burrell, wasn't in the programme. Can anyone tell me more about it? Did take many more photos but it will only let me upload 10 at a time so would end up making about 10 posts

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1440348221.048833.jpg (129.2 KB, 60 views)
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 04:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Philip Procter

Paul

Perhaps those "ignorant" people who got in your way had not been told that the rally had been put on just for groups of photographers

I am afraid that's life and "if you let it", can be very frustrating and annoying to the point it spoils your enjoyment of the day.
Sometimes its best to take a chill pill and walk away and come back later when the crowds have gone. Just remember they have exactly the same rights to stand there that you have.

Phil
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 06:34 PM
Engineer

Full Name: keith flinton

Joe the New Zealand burrell that as come across for a new boiler 101 years from the first-- good british engineering,no 3522 owned by Peter Buterick and it is one that came over a number of years ago, the barrel as been done by the Howard Brothers got most of info from Ian Howard needed it for my commentry!!
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 08:16 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: kevin oliver

Just home from a fab week end at Lincoln this show gets better year after year met Tinys lad on way
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 08:45 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Gliddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Fish-Photos View Post
I took a little 400mile detour home from work saturday, great variety of steam there, mostly enjoyed my afternoon/evening and hopefully got a few good photos out of the thousands i took, which moves me along to my whinge....

I have never been to a rally/fair/show etc with soooo many ignorant people, i can accept the odd one or two will get in the way of a group of photographers all stood in a line, most of the time they realise and say sorry and move, but yesterday... beyond a joke, as an example there was 1 man who moved and stood literally in front of me 4 times even though i moved some 40ft away in total, another instance was when i asked politely if they could stand back a bit they grunted "its a free country", really was the worst steam/fair/show/race meeting ive experianced in all my years.
I see the lack of manners and respect for other humanity on a dayly basis it has most defiantly got worse in the east few years and yes we must all try and rise above it or turn the other check but there is only so many times a day before you ask yourself what is the point, glad you still managed to enjoy the show
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2015, 09:07 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Nick Bosworth

Here's a selection of mine. Many thanks to Tiny for letting me perch in front of the commentary box.