Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 24th June 2012, 04:42 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: John Greenshields
Default 6in Burrell Agricultural

Sorry Guys I ment 6in 8nhp Burrell Agricultural single drawings !
Dave Ragsdale does not have any and Dave Page has disappeared
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 24th June 2012, 06:14 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Trystan Jones

Richard 'Turbo' Vincent has built one of these - he's based in Henstridge, Somerset.
There was a similar request only a couple of weeks ago from a member on T.T. - Dangerous or similar is his username.
Brian Smith I think is his proper name, again based in Somerset.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th June 2012, 05:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Richard Gregory
Default engine

theres a 6"single comes to cromford for the life of me i cant think of his name but i now he is involved with klondyke mill i can will try to find out and let you no mr wilson comes to mind but could be wrong but steve arrowsmith might now his contact details
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th June 2012, 05:51 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: nigel scurrah

yes tony wilson does have a 6" burrell it is for sale i have his number pm me if you want the number
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th June 2012, 03:44 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Trevor

If Dave Page has disappeared any idea what happened to the Burrell DCC he had for sale? I beleive it belonged to a musuem around london
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th June 2012, 04:35 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Macdonald Smith

From memory the engine was owned by someone who was associated with the museum at Amersham. I don't know if he was selling on behalf of the owner or purchased the engine back to sell on.

Nigel Mcburney had the first Page Single. He is a member on here so you should try him.

I think one thing to think of here is that people don't disappear they just get harder to find!

John
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th June 2012, 06:47 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Bryan Smith
Default 6" Burrell

As mentioned I have also been looking for drawings. The David Page version is based mostly on the same drawings as the DCC (originally by Graham Whitwell I believe). I have spoken to Richard 'Turbo' Vincent about the one he made for Pat Jenkins and he has told me that he has some drawings that he mostly did himself and I am welcome to have a look at them. Having been looking at this for a few weeks now I am quite happy that the DCC ones will do for most of it and a lot of the rest I can work out for myself. What I would really like to do is get in touch with the three people who had comissioned David Page to build one of these and were work in progress when he went into liquidation. I'm sure it would be of mutual benefit if we can help each other out a bit. I have also been to see Nigel Burney's engine and is I believe the only Page single that was finished.
John, I will send a PM with contact details so that we can have a chat.
Regards to all,
Bryan.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Richard Gregory

my friend has the die for the tyres for this engine if anyone needs rubber let me no i can pass on hiscontat detail the stevenson link is the same as on the devonshire they are available from lincoln steam only a small part but every little helps
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th June 2012, 01:58 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Nigel McBurney

When I placed the order for my engine,two years ago,there was, in addition to my cylinder, on a bench a machined cylinder for a single Burrell,apparently a customer had bought the castings for a single but found he could not machine the cylinder so had brought it back to Page engineering for machining, it gave me a chance to have a good look at the cylinder casting.So there must be another set of drawings around somewhere. Anyone know what happened to the engines under construction,there were 3 singles,one compound showmans a Fowler road loco and a Burrell crane engine.
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th June 2012, 05:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: George Sunbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsbyfan View Post
......So there must be another set of drawings around somewhere. Anyone know what happened to the engines under construction,there were 3 singles,one compound showmans a Fowler road loco and a Burrell crane engine.
Well, Nigel,

the DCC showmans as well as the Fowler went to Germany to those people which had placed the order.
The owner of the Burrell DCC crane engine as well as one of the singles is, as far as I know, on TT here.
If you need contact data I can provide them via pm.
But where the the remaining two Burrell singles went, I have no clue.

George.

Tags
6 inch scale