Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th May 2013, 07:44 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Peter Evans
Default 3" Living van / childrens carriage

For sale one 3" scale living van. 32" long x 21" wide. Runs on pneumatic tyres and is configured to carry two children inside on leatherette trimmed seats.

it is constructed from a welded steel frame and is lined inside and out with WBP ply. It is painted white inside and green outside. At the front is a dummy doorway and it has routed vertical grooves to represent the T&G planking. White wooden frame windows on either side finish it off.

Roof is detachable (lifts off completely) so can be run for taking the children for rides or used as a store for tools / water as required. Roof is also waterproof so it can be left out overnight with tools in.

It has been a familiar site at shows in the South of England and always gets comments and smiles.

We have done six seasons with this beastie and it has carried numerous kids at fetes, steam shows and even a few pub runs. My two have now outgrown it and it sits sadly in the workshop waiting to go out. It is suitable for a 3" engine or even a small 4" such as the Ruston SD tractors. It isn't a scale model but it does look effective. It has good road manners and is comfortable for its occupants.

Priced at £175 and available for collection in Kent. Send me an e-mail address and I can forward some more photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chatham Steam Fair March 08.jpg (104.8 KB, 36 views)