Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th November 2016, 04:13 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!
Default Carrimore 4 Wheel Trailer

After much thought following fathers passing, I have decided to sell 'our' Carrimore Trailer.

I have known history since 1928, with verbal history before that. Essentially from 1928 with Robert Bridson & Son of Neston as a tanker, latterly with removable dropsides, and into preservation as such. Will Dakin had it many years, with us since 2010.

I have working day pictures of it on liverpool docks, pre Bridson, also pics with Bridsons Fowler (15376) as a tanker and dropsides.

I am told that Bridsons used this trailer and another (its modified twin) to test the new runway at Manchester Ringway airport.

Dad had the chassis etc blasted and repainted and a new Keruing floor fitted. in 2010. He also fitted a removable canvas tilt with removable galvanised hoops. also cut a door in the headboard. The tilt has windows and flaps to shut them.

Permanently fitted flashing beacon.

Has a manly tow hook on the back for towing more than one trailer.

It had a season and a half out and about behind the Marshall and has then been dry stored. The only time its been out of the shed was when I moved to the new one earlier this year.

Basically I moved onto a living van so it doesn't get used. which is a pity as it is a genuine steam era haulage trailer with the history to boot. At present its just something that costs money for me to dry store.

In use with the engine I had the back 6 foot split off with a water tank and coal storage. the rest was living space. Father used to sleep quite happily in it. The partition just lifts out to give you the entire internal space if you want it.

I have access steps and a stand for the drawbar so that it is as easy as you like to get in and out.

16 foot (ish long) 7 foot (ish) in the body. Front wheel mechanical brakes operated from a lever. Would convert very easily to steam or air and the trailer has the bulk to slow your engine down.

I towed it about with a big 5 ton tractor and rarely changed gear up of down dale, and not once used the brake. I towed it all the way from Shropshire down to Fairford. It was bottom up the hill out of Cheltenham however! (Charlton Kings).

Would probably suit a larger engine than a smaller one.

Excellent for towing your mates en mass to the pub. Or to use as occasional living space on the road or over a weekend.

Its done 2 weddings in my ownership.

The downsides.
  • 2 of the tyres are not very good, but I have two new but old stock press on bands ready to fit, included in the sale.
  • Its presently full of about 5 or 6 ton of 'stuff'. Available anytime for inspection. But I will need an amount of time to unload and get it out the corner of the shed once a deal is done.
  • It is a bit dusty from dry storage in agricultural premises, basically needs a pressure wash.
Any interest give me a call on 07871 577 132.

The trailer is in 'Shropshire' not a million miles from Market Drayton or Newport

some pictures

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th November 2016, 08:05 PM
Engineer

Bump.

Had a bit of a disaster. A young boy clicked 'buy it now' on his fathers account!.

Back on ebay again.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th December 2016, 03:00 PM
Engineer

SOLD.

It has found a good home.

Many thanks for the considerable interest.