Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:24 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Brian Wainwright
Default Steam Gathering - 6th and 7th June in Lancashire

We are having a birthday bash/steam party on the above date. The first one we did last year was to celebrate my 50th and my daughter Danielle's 18th. Danielle is the one who helps me on the steam yachts taking the money andalways has her camera with her. It was a private event at our house but as I have just sold half my garden to put towards the cost of our new engine we have had to find a local pub to host it and we found not one but two together. As it is in a public place this time we want to extend the invite to anyone in the area to join in and bring an engine or miniature or any old vehicle if they want to, it is intended to be a friendly gathering and a bit of fun.

Location is the on the A59 approximatly 3 miles from J31 M6 accros from British Aerospace, Salmesbury

http://www.fayre-square.com/pub/bodd...lackburn/p1243
http://themyerscough.com

This year's party is for my nephew and enginemen Declan Farrimond who looks after Garrett showmans tractor Little Billy when he is out with us and Joe Cross (who helps Declan and is also part of Dave Lomas's crew with his Aveling roller) are finally turning 18 so it's going to be one big joint event with my wife Ann Wainwright turning the 50 later this year as well!

Little Billy is coming up for the party and our new engine will be there which could be only its second public appearance with us, first one might be Chipping, the wheels are in motion. Some miniatures also already planned too and a couple of other full size engines are already possibly coming already.

Saturday includes 2nd Mellor Road Run with the infamous Mellor Hill Climb which is as steep as Cromford Hill (Plaque for all who manage it!), one marquee with DJ and plenty of Beer, two pubs on site ! And 4 more on the road run...

Over night parking available from Friday for lorries, vans and campers including hotel right on site ! Special rate negotiated for party attendees.

Breakfast available Sat/ Sun £7.99 at Boddington Inn. Food available throughout the day at both Myerscough & Boddington Arms, restaurant bookings in advance are advised and there will be a kind of takeaway menu for the day too. For more details about the hotel rate or anything else contact me via PM.