Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd September 2014, 05:48 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Izzy Nelson
Default swap wanted! 3 ton twin axle trailer for LWB van

I have a large twin axle flatbed trailer, 14' x 6' bed, with low geared hand winch. The trailer has quite comfortably carried engines ranging in size from my half size Savage steam tractor (1.2 tons) up to a half size Burrell DCC Road Loco (2.6 tons). plus the usual extras like coal, sheets, small trailer etc. The trailer had new lights all round including side markers on the wheel arch tops, and new wiring throughout. It also had new brakes on both axles. this work was all done last winter so is practically new in terms of wear. 4 tyres have plenty of use in them yet to come.

Ideally I would prefer to swap for a LWB high roof van (smiley face transit or LDV convoy etc) not worried about age as long as its half decent, roadworthy and reliable, preferably with some tax and mot.

I am offering this trailer for a swap for a few weeks before putting it up for sale. Modest cash adjustment may also be available.

Only reason for swap / sale of the trailer is that we do rallies far and wide and I am getting tired of making two trips each way one for the caravan and a second for the engine.

If interested phone 07827018838 or PM

Thanks