Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th September 2008, 05:21 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Tony Brown
Default Haddenham Rally

Well in a weekend that so many have been cancelled it is good to see that Haddenham soldiers on even in slightly muddy conditions.

Apart from the roadways the bulk of the ground is in reasonably good - thanks to the limited vehicle movement happening. Many vehicles were managing to get on and off under their own power and tractors were on hand to quickly help anything which got stuck.

The majority of the exhibitors seem to be there, in the steam section the major gap seems to be amongst the shinier ones with the kitchen appliances on the front - whether fear of the mud or electrocution has kept them away I don't know - but full credit to Keith Honour with Margaret in position and generating happily.

Amazingly - possibly a miracle according to some - Chris Brighty (D-Type) arrived yesterday on his roller still in DAYLIGHT, something previously unheard of as he normally prefers to move around East Anglia under the cover of darkness.

The vast majority of the trade stalls were there and open, one notable exception being the NTET stand which is there but not open. I understand the reasons for the volunteers decision but still think that it is a pity and that given a couple of days notice, I would have happily ran it for them since I'm there anyway.

Finally one mystery, why was Terry (injectorman) collecting so much straw this morning? Has he changed his model to a straw-burner or is he plotting mass sabotage of injectors to keep himself busy over the winter!

Tony