Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th April 2014, 10:16 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Marriner
Default Marshall 6NHP Portable 45028 (for sale)

I have decided to put both my steam engines up for sale to finance another (3 speed) steam related project, so it is with some reluctance that I am looking to speak with anyone who might be interested in buying one of my engines.

This advert is for Marshall 6HP no 45028 of 1904

Nice size Marshall Portable, new in 1904 and exported to South America – returned to the UK for restoration.

This is one of the first Marshall portables to be built with bored trunk guides which were a big improvement over the old style ‘slide bar’ trunk guides. The fore-carriage is stamped with 6N LA which translates into 6 Nominal Horse Power, Long Box, and Argentina.

Restoration carried out over the last 18 months to include a new Tube-plate, a replacement front part of the barrel, and a new smoke-box. The engine has full year ticket and is tested to 150 PSI under hydraulic and ticketed to a working pressure of 100PSI, the engine carries a NTET Orange disc.

This is a good size engine (about 6 foot tall to top of boiler and weighing around 3 tons) so not too big to be moved around and loaded, but plenty of power to drive a saw bench or other working device.

The engine was restored sympathetically to leave some of the working patina showing and still has many of the original fittings (pump, fore-carriage, hub caps and chimney winch etc), the Engine carries its original Marshall brass works plate, but because of its Heritage – open and close are in Spanish. The smoke-box still carries the original importers plate (agents Williamson Balfour).

The engine has Pickering type governors and is set up ready to work (or play)

The engine was issued with a new full ticket for 2014/15 yesterday (6th April)

Give me a call or drop me a line if you would like to express an interest or to find out more deatils

Thank you.

Dave Marriner 07785 276907
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2014, 03:44 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Marriner
Default 110 years old and in steam this Saturday 3rd May

Marshall and Fowler will be in steam this Saturday 3rd May, please call 07785 276907 for details

Marshall on saw bench!

Tags
marshall portable