Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st May 2019, 05:42 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James
Default Easter at Quorn on the GCR

Great Central Railway Easter Vintage Weekend

A bit late but hey... better late than never!

I visited Quorn on Sunday 21st April and had a thoroughly enjoyable day! I met up with lots of people I know in the world of road steam and I was able to show two new pencil drawings. The feedback on my artwork was amazing and I get the feeling I am doing something right - gritty depictions of working engines. I will post a thread on new artwork in the not too distant future. It hasn't happened as yet because unfortunately I have struggled with my illness over the last few months. The last couple of weeks or so have been better and I have been able to continue working on my drawings.

The event at Quorn is a good show to start the season. There is very little engine movement as there is limited space. For myself, this would normally spoil a rally but in this case it doesn't seem to matter; there is a very good atmosphere and lots to see - although the emphasis is very much on full size road steam. There is, of course, also the full size standard gauge railway with steam hauled trains! Around 4:30 pm engines started to leave for a planned road run. As the time approached the place came to life, with engines being made ready for the run. The limited space called for some careful manoeuvring as machines prepared to leave the yard. Everyone was sensible and there were no problems. All of this activity and engine movement provided a great opportunity to take some good photos, both inside and outside the yard. A selection of my photos can be seen below.

The final photo shows the water supply for the road steam exhibits...! That is 20 engines - please form an orderly queue...!

All in all a great show and an enjoyable day out.

Michael
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st May 2019, 08:21 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bosworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post
Great Central Railway Easter Vintage Weekend

The final photo shows the water supply for the road steam exhibits...! That is 20 engines - please form an orderly queue...!

Michael
Not quite Michael some of us filled up on Premium Shell & BP products!

Anyway it was good to see you again and your drawings are great. Only wish I had that talent.

PS where are the photos of the Garrett?