Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#51  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th July 2008, 05:28 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Nick Seymour

Very well done Sussex steamers, good venue, good program, good line up of steam and other items. Jusy hope todays weather has not left you nursing a loss.
  #52  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th July 2008, 08:36 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Neil Bishop
Smile

What a great Show! Shame about Sunday's weather. Great engines, great arena activities (like the old days). Assuming the show will be on next year, we will be back and hopefully bring another engine along too.

Well done to the organisers for a great first attempt!
  #53  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th July 2008, 12:49 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Chris Hale

fantastic weekend, and it was well worth going to. well done to thr organizers.
  #54  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th July 2008, 09:22 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Kevin Swann

Made a visit on Saturday with intentions to see an old lady “Lucy May” that I had associations with years back, was overwhelmed by the friendly hospitality that we received. With the exception of the big man driving the big Mac no one new me, it was fantastic to be welcomed into your fold, no questions of my pedigree only purer hospitality was shown all-round.
A GREAT show just like they were in the 1960-70’s, a rally run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts; I sincerely hope that this is the first of many more.
Give yourselves a big pat on the back or better still a few pints of that excellent Sussex bitter that had to be sampled!!!

Magnificent achievement

Kevin
  #55  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th July 2008, 12:25 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Alan Dean
Wink Dial Post Rally

On behalf of the Sussex Steam Engine Club and Sussex Steam Shows Ltd (the official bit) thank you for all the kind comments about our first rally.The weather on the Saturday was much more than we could have hoped for and the "buzz" around the place was incredible. On Sunday the heavens opened but Sussex Enginemen are never put off by a little monsoon or two. The sight of a Marshall roller winching Fowler TE Black Jack,McClaren Boadicea and Marshall TE Annie at the same time up the arena in the pouring rain was a spectacle I will not forget in a hurry.
Thank you to all our exhibitors for putting their trust in us being able to organise the Rally in particular engine owners who had travelled some distance to be with us.At one time on Friday we had engines coming through the gate at 5 minute intervals.Other road users on the A24 looked thoroughly confused !
As some optimist put me in charge of the money I have now done the sums and can tell you that we appear to have covered our costs despite the horrendous weather on Sunday.Will we do it again next year. Watch this space !!!!!