Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2009, 06:41 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steamer77 (Steve Lake)
Default Easter Compton, Bristol, Vintage Rally and Open Day 10th of October

VINTAGE RALLY & OPEN DAY 10th OCTOBER

WASHINGPOOL FARM, MAIN ROAD, EASTER COMPTON, BRISTOL,BS35 5RE.

http://www.joenemethengineeringltd.com/News%20page.htm

Following on from the success of our open day last year, we have decided to put on a much more elaborate event for this year. The date chosen will be October 10th, which happens to be a Saturday. Visitors will be able to walk around our works and see the many projects we are working on. Outside we will have an operational 2 foot gauge section of line and motive power will consist of several Lister locos, the star attraction will be a guest steam loco from Graham Lee’s Hunslet Engine Company: we are hoping to have "Statfold" or " Jack Lane ". Dan Nemeth’s newly constructed 4wPM powered by a two cylinder Lister engine is also expected to be in operation.

Our Aveling and Porter steam roller will be in steam and along with one or two visiting traction engines. Vintage cars, motor cycles, tractors, stationary engines and a fully restored "Bristol L" bus will also attend. If you would like to bring some thing of interest to our event we will be happy to hear from you.

A sale of vintage equipment including railwayana will take place on site. Full indoor catering and refreshments will be available. Many other items of interest too numerous to mention will also be on display. Should the weather be poor some displays may be moved under cover. We look forward to any enquiries you may have, please ask for Joe, Dan for details.

ADMISSION

ADULTS.... £3.50

SENIOR CITIZENS...£2.50

CHILDREN...£2.50

UNDER 5s ..FREE.

FAMILY TICKET, 2 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN...£10.00

CAR PARKING FREE ALL DAY,

MORE TO FOLLOW.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th September 2009, 05:52 AM
Engineer

Default Visit to Rally Site

Yesterday, I visited the rally site, I was totally blown away at the scale and possibilities of the site that Joe Nemeth has to play with i.e. a mix of hard standing, roads!, cow sheds, and fields. The amount of indoor area in probably the size of 3 football pitches, Obviously Joe and team will not be able to fill the amount of space this time around. This year will be the first year for this rally and if there if a good turnout I can not see no reason why it will grow and be one a gems for the future.. The committee has organized five road engines so far. but what is different about this site is that it will be a mix of Miniature Railway and exhibits as well, so don't bring the wife as you may get a slight ear bashing because your eyes will light up with inspiration for a new project. I will let you know closer to the time what the exhibits Will be, but Joe's Nemeth web site gives you further info if you are interested.

I will take another visit to take some photo's probably next weekend to add the this thread.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd October 2009, 06:45 PM
Engineer

As promised Photo as the exhibits start to roll in....

Please note further attractions

Vintage Sell

Remote Control air display

2 ft gauage railway upto 200ft (rides availible)

Traders/Stalls (only £10) and exhibitors call Joe on 07794399335 or Dan 07743779192 or 01454633361 day time

A young mans dream..

first of the transport

AccommAdation! with some of the track ready to the right ready to lay for event.

Health and safety covered.

1884 Aveling and Porter 2018

I can't remember this one! Whoops I'm in the dog house..

Dan's Timber Tractor

In the paint shop tonight, literally tonight for 10th of october and should be up and running!

ARN JUNG 60cm gauge in steam next year (Boiler rebuilt not in photo's)

Other bits and pieces

Minatures

Other

Last edited by Steamer77; 2nd October 2009 at 07:03 PM..
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:28 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Joe Nemeth
Default Joe`s vintage rally

To add to the list of attractions will be a range of side stalls and things for the kids and mums to do. Our 2 foot gauge demonstration railway will have sidings so the various locos can shunt the stock about. Also in operation will be a 10 1/4" inch gauge railway with hopefully five locos in steam. the line up will be 1947 built 4-6-2 "Robin Hood" 1908 built fresh from our workshops "John Terence", 4-6-0 King Arthur class, 4-6-0 "Royal Scot", and 4-6-2 "Flying Scotsman". Our Aveling 10005 and Dicken Priddys 1884 built 10 ton Aveling roller, which only comes out once a year! Vince Hinks "Wallis traction engine along with Percy Hinders "Wallis" too. A large vintage and auto jumble has been organized be Jim Wilke of "Old Sodbury sortout". Vintage and classics cars, commercials and military vehicles and a large selection of stationary engines will be present. A number of other interesting displays will also be there. The site has a large canteen and decent toilets and spacious parking for about 2000 vehicles. For anyone who has been to the site they can see how vast the place is and from an access point of view only 1 mile from junction 17 of the M5.Next to junction 17 is the famous "Mall" shopping center where you can drop the ladies off for the day while visiting our event. We hope to have nice weather but should if it turns bad we are able to place most of the exhibits under cover. If anyone would like to bring and engine or other exhibit please call me on 07794 399335 or our works on 01454 633361.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:43 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roger Barham

Wymswold wanderer in mid sixties at Cadeby Rectory
[IMG][/IMG]
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th October 2009, 02:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Neil Edwards

For those who rely on public transport. Wessex Connect bus service route 625 runs from Bristol Parkway Station to the Fox at Easter Compton, see

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonl.../PTE070687.pdf

Pilning Station is not far from Easter Compton, but I cannot see on Google Earth whether there is a footpath along the road, perhaps someone local can advise
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th October 2009, 09:02 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Lar Dowding

there wont be any need for me to come down now as i have just seen it all !!!
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th October 2009, 12:00 PM
Engineer

I could not take photos of stuff that has not arrived!

]
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th October 2009, 05:47 PM
Engineer

A Link to Hunslet Engine company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunslet_Engine_Company
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th October 2009, 07:51 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Matt S

[QUOTE=Roger;80476]Wymswold wanderer in mid sixties at Cadeby Rectory
/QUOTE]

Ther is also a long lost engine appearing at Cheltenham Racecourse this weekend (see 'A New One For You' thread elsewhere), so once you have been to Easter Compton on Saturday head up the M5 to Cheltenham Racecourse.