Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd September 2019, 07:44 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James
Default 3" scale Fowler traction engine

I would like to purchase a 3" scale Fowler agricultural traction engine, built to the MJ Engineering design.

I want an engine that is either a runner, complete with a boiler certificate or an engine that is very near to being a runner - perhaps a newly built engine that requires a few small jobs to finish it off. I would also consider a model that has been steamed regularly and now needs some minor jobs completing, to bring it back up to standard. I do not want to tackle any major jobs on an engine though - and end up with another project.

Regarding the boiler, I would prefer one made from copper but I will consider an engine with a welded steel boiler. A copper boiler does not necessarily have to be the work of a professional boiler maker but if it is not, then obviously it must have been built to a good standard - this includes following the drawing! As far as boiler paperwork is concerned, the more the better. But, if there is no paperwork with the boiler - and the boiler is well made - this is not necessarily a problem. I will consider buying a model like this but I would expect the asking price to reflect the matter that there is no paperwork with the boiler. It would take a fair amount of work to put a ticket on an engine of this nature but it is most definitely not an impossible task.

I would prefer an engine on strakes, and not solid rubbers. I realise a lot are on rubbers though - life is always a compromise! I would ask sellers to make contact anyway even if my preferences are not exactly what they have available.

I really like the Fowler A7 and this is what I would prefer. But I will consider a 3" Marshall agricultural traction engine or an Allchin in 3" scale as alternatives, if anyone has one of these for sale. A single cylinder Fowler ploughing engine would also be rather nice to have, as another alternative.

Please contact me by any of the following methods:

Here on Traction Talk by adding a post to this thread or by sending a PM. It is also possible to send an email to my email address through T-T.

Mobile phone: my number is 0759 815 8170. Please note that I do not always keep my mobile near me - I find they can be a bit of a distraction! Therefore, if it is not answered, please leave a message and I will make contact. I check for messages, missed calls etc. several times through the day. I can also be contacted by text message.

Finally, to be totally transparent, this is a private wanted advert to find an engine for myself. I am not a dealer and I am not working on behalf of anyone else.

Fingers crossed that the right engine comes my way soon!

Michael