Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th June 2010, 05:43 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Sawkins
Default Just completed 4" scale burrell

I have come to a very hard decision to sell my 4” scale Burrell, I was going to sell the Foden but after the fun I had with it last weekend I have decided to keep it.

Ideally I would like to keep both but I just don’t have the time or money to work with them both.

The engine is a 4” scale Burrell agricultural from the first batch of kits produced by Modelworks

I have built the engine over a two year period which many have maybe seen in the model section in my build diary. It has been spray painted using Craftmasters paints and one shot lettering enamel for the lining

I have spent a lot on modifications such as a new wider chimney, new style water gauges a new ground crankshaft, new water pump eccentric to reduce the travel of the pump ram plus I got new copper pipes going to the injector and water lift as the second batch of Burrells had them going a better route along the tender which I think looks neater. I had both clack valves seats redone and new balls as they weren’t sealing right under pressure plus the pressure gauge and blower globe valves where leaking so I replaced them too. One other thing I just remembered is I had the injector redone by Terry.

It was steam tested last and hydraulic tested last month with no faults or problems found, the tests were performed by Royal Sun & Alliance.

The engine has only been steamed 5 times and most of them where to get it ready for its steam test.

I am looking for £16500 which I think is a very fair price for it as the kit alone cost £15500

The engine is located in the Shetland isles but I will put the engine to Aberdeen or could arrange delivery elsewhere if necessary.

Here is a youtube link to the engine in steam just after its steam test plus a couple of pictures of the engine.

You will notice in the pictures there is no gear covers on this because I still have to line them and fit them which is not a big job they are all painted just a case of getting the lining paint out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgvg7j5Wnf4

For more info either pm me or ring me on 01595 696771 or during a weekday 07748914031

Please no time wasters it is going to be hard enough for me to part with it as it is without any time wasters

Cheers
Mark
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd June 2010, 04:36 PM
Engineer

Just putting this back to the top.

If anyone is interested in the engine then i am open to sensiable offers, if not sold in a week or two then it will be sold to the dealers.

Cheers
Mark
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th June 2010, 09:27 PM
Engineer

Engine now sold!

Mark