Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th September 2010, 10:42 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth
Default 2010 Great Dorset Steam Fair

I am starting to upload my videos of this years event to youtube. I am going to embed them all onto here so you can see them. For the most part, the sound is good and is worth listening to, however I was bothered with the wind occasionally. Your comments are welcome as always.

We start with a short compilation by kind permission of the crew of Fowler "Renown" of the engine generating for the Gallopers. The digital camera did not like the bright lights so the film is not up to my normal requirements.

[IMG][/IMG]

Part 1 is filmed from the top of the playpen. From point 1.55 to the end is a bit of the McClaren tandem-compound. Originally a straw burner but rebuilt as standard. Literally a new engine built round a pair of cylinders. Seen shortly before a front wheel seized on the way down the hill.
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 2 is at the bottom of the playpen
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by lampwortroy; 30th September 2010 at 10:53 AM..
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th September 2010, 11:07 AM
Engineer

Part 3 is an attempt at filming the fair at night
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 4 is heavy haulage diesel style with around 130 tons behind the driver and making its own dust cloud
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 5 would just not interest you so part 6 is taken from my favourite hole in the hedge, which was so popular with photographers, that I had to queue to get in it. The film includes my first sight of Mac Showmans "The Banshee" which I knew in the 1960s in a much more pleasing maroon shortly after its conversion from a crane engine
[IMG][/IMG]

part 7 Again from the hole in the hedge shows just what Dorset is famous for - heavy haulage by steam. In this case 3 engines with a 40 ton army tank.
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 8 again from the hole in the hedge which is just by the steepest part of the climb so is particularly good for filming.
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 9 More views from the hole in the hedge
[IMG][/IMG]
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th September 2010, 11:32 AM
Engineer

Part 10 Starts with a view from the top of the playpen followed by more from the hole in the hedge
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 11 More from the playpen and includes one engine blowing off so hard that forward vision is impossible.
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 12 More from the top of the playpen
[IMG][/IMG]
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th September 2010, 12:30 PM
Engineer

Part 13 Again from the "hole in the hedge" and includes another shot of the "Mac" tandem-compound and 3 different engines with the 40ton Army tank
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 14 More from "The hole in the hedge"
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 15 And again from that hole
[IMG][/IMG]

Part 16 A fine selection of steam haulage finishing with an early "Mac" at the top of the field
[IMG][/IMG]

Finally, following the Memorial Service to the Late Founder of the GDSF Michael Oliver MBE, the steam men gave their own salute to the memory of Michael
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by lampwortroy; 30th September 2010 at 12:51 PM..