Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd July 2019, 08:38 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bill Starling
Default Weeting 2019 - briefly

In the confident expectation that one of our 'regulars' will post a comprehensive account of this year's Weeting Rally, here are just a few things that caught my eye.
The site is blowing sand (Breckland) and, being very dry, quickly got cut up and caused traction problems in several places. This included the usual tricky spot - the 'hill' in the main ring. (It must be at least one foot higher than the rest of the ring!)
Here Marshall no. 2693 of 1904 is doing its bit to destroy the rally field.

Burrell SCC no. 3420 of 1912 'The Duchess'.

Another handsome Burrell, no. 3942 of 1923, 'The Badger'.

'The Badger' had a smart Foster traction wagon in tow.

A naked Burrell. The famous SRL no. 4000 of 1925, 'Ex Mayor'.

Garrett no. 32936 of 1916, 'Felsted Belle. (Please will someone tell Old Glory that there's no 'a' in Felsted.) I know I've already posted quite a lot of picture of 'The Belle', but this one shows she has found a rather nice timber drug to play with.

I really liked this Fowler direct ploughing engine, no. 9691 of 1903. She was exported to Australia when new and has recently been beautifully restored by her current owners.

A close up of the works of the Marshall discussed in this thread: www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=45076

Marshall roller no. 77201 of 1923, needing a little help to cope with the conditions.

A favorite if mine, Tuxford 2 nhp portable no. 1283 of 1880. I've known this engine since about 1960, when she was owned by Ronald Clark.

'The Big Engine', Burrell 10 nhp no 3130 of 1909 visiting from New Zealand.

Burrell 8 nhp no. 3229 of 1910, also over from New Zealand.

Finally the heros who brought their engines all the way from New Zealand, posing with a third one, McLaren no. 1719.

Another great Weeting Rally. Thanks to everyone who organised things or brought their engines.