Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd November 2014, 03:35 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Michael Crofts
Default Guilliet Horizontal Reciprocating Saw for sale

This is a very rare item. I know of only three other Guilliet saws, one of which is probably beyond restoration.

If you want to know what these things look like in operation you may know the one which the late "Landy" Lawley used to rally. His saw was a Kirchner; this is a Guilliet. There is a slightly smaller saw on Youtube, search for "vG79HaeehjI".

The thing everyone likes about these saws is the massive flywheel and con rod but there are 4 practical advantages to a big horizontal reciprocating saw compared to a circular saw:
  1. Reciprocating saws can be run with less power (a smaller engine)
  2. Reciprocating saws are a LOT quieter than circular or band saws
  3. You can cut big logs
  4. The finished cut is a lot like pit-sawn wood
I rescued this saw from a derelict Welsh sawmill in 2011 and I had planned to use it at my place but that isn't going to happen now. Everything in the mill was taken out except the engine that was driving the saw. I made a template for the holding-down bolts. Everything except the carriage has been stored under cover; many of the smaller components have been shotblasted and primed. The buyer will get everything that came out of the mill, free use of a forklift to load everything, the template, a large number of detailed photographs showing how it all goes together, and up to 3 days of my time free of charge to advise on re-assembly (subject to payment of reasonable travel expenses).

£6,500
No VAT

I can arrange transport on a Hiab lorry with top-quality crane driver for £1.80 + VAT per running mile (round trip distance) from postcode GL16

I don't pick messages up very often so please don't PM me.
Best to phone or text o7881 22o771

I am trying to upload pictures but something is wrong. I'll add them as soon as I can.