Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd August 2013, 07:17 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bloor
Default Cromford 2013 Saturday

What a cracking rally. One of the best we have ever attended. Engines were everywhere. The atmosphere is great. It's well organised and relaxed. Oh, and the weather was great too.

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 02:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael PARTRIDGE

I see and am disappointed that there are very few photos of Miniatures. There were plenty of very nice and unusual miniatures on display,. Who did they get to entertain the public in the ring on Saturday, because the ground was too wet and slippery , why of course and as always the miniatures,. We support the rallies just as much as the full size, and the public love em as they can see all the working parts. So come on T.T. please show a few more miniatures, I'm sure most of your ''readers'' enjoy looking at them as well.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 03:37 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickval View Post
I see and am disappointed that there are very few photos of Miniatures. There were plenty of very nice and unusual miniatures on display,. Who did they get to entertain the public in the ring on Saturday, because the ground was too wet and slippery , why of course and as always the miniatures,. We support the rallies just as much as the full size, and the public love em as they can see all the working parts. So come on T.T. please show a few more miniatures, I'm sure most of your ''readers'' enjoy looking at them as well.
I have reread your post several times and can't workout why here.

Unusual for TT David has included a good selection of miniatures which feature in nearly half the pictures. Well done David.

#4  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 04:20 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Tez M

Quote:
Don't worry...when my wife is back in good health and I can start attending rally's again taking pictures of miniatures will be my photographic speciality, I have upgraded my photographic equipment and so far had no use out of it as yet.

Cheers

Tez
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 06:02 PM
Engineer

Full Name: ian morris

Brilliant pics, thanks David, and also the much enjoyed cake!

Hope you don't mind I sent a copy of the five cases (including the driver) for the people in USA to see.

Great weekend, plenty coal, well organised, always a pleasure to go the Cromford

Thanks
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 07:29 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bloor

I don't really need to defend myself but I always include minatures in my photographs. They are a big part of the steam scene and I generally try to include a smattering of trucks, people, tractors but at Cromford, I was overwhelmed with steam engines.

The thanks should go to Richard as without him, I would have been a Cerney and not taking pictures at all.
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 08:13 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Paul Massey

We enjoyed the weekend and the photos are great David. The only complaints I've got is that the coal was far to smoky and not up to public event quality and we people moaning to us about the smoke. There was a good selection of engines but poorly displayed to many were either on the low loader or tucked around the back mixed in with caravans etc. The engine weren't kept informed as to what was happening on the Saturday. Fortunately the minatures saved the day with a good variety of some exceptional minatures.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 08:15 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roger Barham

Quote:
I agree in general but in this instance 9 or 10 out of 18 is not bad
I like the 'people' shots as well
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2013, 08:26 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Annie Rose

Engines were asked by the organisers to stay on low loaders or near to them whilst there were concerns about the ground conditions and weather forecast.
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th August 2013, 10:28 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael PARTRIDGE

Sorry everyone, must be going senile, and for some reason I missed them first time round and have now re viewed the pictures and I see I am mistaken. Please accept my humblest apologies. Must go to Specsavers in furture???? A smashing rally only spoilt by the weather and ground conditions, as I was in steam all weekend but did not run due to the badly rutted ground and didn't want to injure my smaller engine for Lincoln in two weeks time, on their ''Bowling Green'' surface.Hope to see some of you there.
Mick