Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th May 2013, 07:13 PM
Engineer

Full Name: james peter brett
Location: Loddon, Norfolk & Nassington East Northamptonshire.
Exclamation Rearanged langely daffodil day may 12th

LANGLEY DAFFODIL DAY that should have taken place on Sunday 17th March will be held This Sunday May 12th, at LANGLEY SCHOOL, LANGLEY PARK, NEAR LODDON NORFOLK, About 8 miles south of Norwich

I have spoken to Stuart Hughs and the passes you where issued before the 17th March are still valid. If you want to come but haven't booked in, please feel free to come along, but coal can only be provided for those pre-booked.

For several reasons, This will be the last year that I act as vintage section steward on behalf of the LPTA. I would like to thank all those exhibitors who have supported me at Daffodil day since I took over organizing the the entire vintage display in 2003 after Geoff Gayley finished organizing the display (of 4 stationary engines) in 2002. Last year we had 56 Stationary engines, 12 model steam traction engines and 2 full size steam, and it will be nice to feel I leave the entire vintage display in a much better format and strength that when I took over 10 years ago.

It will nice to be able to sit back and be just an ordinary exhibitor again, as I still intend to attend with my Burrell traction engine "Sybil" driving my winnowing machine, my Ruston Hornsby 4BHP AP open crank stationary engine driving my H Bamford Flour mill and the full size and half size 3 wheel's dandy water carts.

I look forward to seeing you this Sunday, and I would like to say sorry for those unable to attend because of the date change

(When we preserve our heritage, we protect our future!)

Lord Brett, Bygones Manor, Chedgrave, Loddon, Norwich, Norfolk

Tags
daffodil, langley, norfolk, steam, vintage rally