Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th September 2010, 09:52 AM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bloor

I've never attracted controversy before. The removal had nothing to do with them being children. I've photographed the young lady in red and bowler hatted many times before and given the photo's to the family. She has more years experience than I have with steam engines.

The reason I removed them was that in the photo they looked like children who were messing about throwing bricks into an unguarded machine. I know they knew what they were doing and they were kept an eye on but some 'jobsworth' might have seen the photo and started WW III. I made the changes to avoid negative comments about our hobby.

I've included a photo from Malpas with children to redress the balance, I'm sure Chris won't mind.

#12  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th September 2010, 10:11 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Tez M

David...that's a great photo showing the kids enjoying themselves...great for the family album too and it's totally STEAM related.

Cheers

Tez
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th September 2010, 04:41 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mike cole

Hi All
just to throw my hat in the ring about photo's and children being publised on the net. Often there are issues which the photographer or viewer will know nothing about. My boys are well into steam and rallys but I will not allow their faces to be photo'ed. I am writting this halfway throu' a training course based around child safty.
We went to Malpas this year and had a great time . Nice photos David
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th September 2010, 05:09 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Tez M

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithcat View Post
Hi All
just to throw my hat in the ring about photo's and children being publised on the net. Often there are issues which the photographer or viewer will know nothing about. My boys are well into steam and rallys but I will not allow their faces to be photo'ed. I am writting this halfway throu' a training course based around child safty.
We went to Malpas this year and had a great time . Nice photos David

From what you say...I'm afraid where ever you might be with your kids you're going to have one hell of a job preventing your kids from being photographed I would say...You say you were at Malpas rally ? then just ask yourself how many people you saw there taking photographs ! yes too many for you to count in a day and photos being taken from all angles of the show no matter where you and your kids are standing at whichever shows you visit you are bound to be on a thousand or two photos somewhere !, And this is something we cannot do anything about unless you wish to carry round a huge Placard saying " Please DO NOT take photos of my kids" !

I personally believe that people are taking photos because of their personal interest in the exhibits at steam & vintage shows etc for their own interest and I'm quiet positive that the owners of exhibits do not at all mind people taking photos of them and sometimes we just happen to be somewhere near when a camera clicks.

I'm more worried about the photos of my home and property on Google Earth to be bothered about anything else it's absolutely diabolical and a complete blueprint on a plate for thief's.

Cheers

Tez
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2010, 03:25 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mike cole

Hi Tez
fully agree with what you say, I am sure that my boys would be in the background of lots of photos. What i ment was being the main subject of a photograph. Also the one or two persons I do not want to reconise my boys will never be reading TT. I should of said that in general i don't want the boys photos around on on the schools web sites . where a particular person could try to trace them.

Mike