Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#21  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st July 2010, 08:35 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Rob S

I have just been told that the road is closed from M50 JNC2 Redmarley/Castle Morton. Anyone driving in from the west might like to look for an alternative route.
  #22  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st July 2010, 09:19 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Oliver

For anyone coming off the M50 junction 2, the road to Castle Morton is closed due to work on the bridge. If you carry on past the closed road and take the next Left, following the diversion signs. You will come to a cross roads at a place called Pendock after 2 miles approx, turn Left, as indicated by the diversion signs, onto the B408 which will take you to Welland.
  #23  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th July 2010, 09:45 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Rob S
Smile

As a ‘paying public’ visitor, may I say many thanks to all organisers and exhibitors at Welland this year. Another super event. Just the right mix of familiar favourites and new exhibits. My family spent four days in the public camping, soaking up the atmosphere of the rally field, and chatting with many of the friendly enthusiasts about their exhibits

I think the expression, ‘something for everyone’ is somewhat over used in event advertising. However, it certainly applies at Welland! Everything from the largest SRL to the lady with her collection of miniature sewing machines. All contributed to our enjoyment.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Extreme Globe Riders - She rides the equator, he rides pole to pole!

Last edited by four-inch-samson; 26th July 2010 at 09:52 AM..
  #24  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th July 2010, 10:39 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Trystan Jones

I must admit the program @£2 was of it's usual rubbish quality.
Most glaring mistake contained within it's covers - refering to Robert Coles Burrell 'Earl Beatty', they somehow managed to print the details of a completely different 'Earl Beatty' owned by Keeleys of Knowl Hill - hmmm?????
  #25  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th July 2010, 11:39 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: william shepherd

My stationary engine is a rare lister DH. 1HP that runs at 550rpm. All this info is stamped on brass tag. Have got in touch with David Edgington and he thinks it was made special for the Army to run the telephones. Was painted army grey. If you look on stationary engine forum theres a picture there.

Bill53uk
  #26  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th July 2010, 02:43 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: David Littleboy
Default Emmmm indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate View Post
I must admit the program @£2 was of it's usual rubbish quality.
Most glaring mistake contained within it's covers - refering to Robert Coles Burrell 'Earl Beatty', they somehow managed to print the details of a completely different 'Earl Beatty' owned by Keeleys of Knowl Hill - hmmm?????
You know people like you burn me up

Maybe If you got out of your armchair and spent 52 weeks of the year pouring your heart soul and wallet into organising what is probably one of, if not the best rallies in the country you might also feel a bit miffed at someone nit picking to this degree as I am sure the rally organisers do when reading this drivel.

I travel from Wakefield passing Prestons of Potto and people from even further away all making their way right down the country and we all do so because of the incredible effort put in by the organising commitee at Welland to produce a fantastic event.

No crappy modern funfair covered in checkerplate, a stunning collection of engines and as has been previously said something for everyone.

Forgoodness sake if all you can contribute is whining on about a single mistake in the programme then maybe you would be better visiting another rally and spending the day wandering through a giant car boot sale or a modern funfair with banging music.

No offence intended and as a lover of free speech everyone can have their say but come on, lets please give credit where its due here.

Regards

David
  #27  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th July 2010, 03:06 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

David

No arguments about the rally, it certainly is an excellent event.

And I'm talking as someone who has attended many both as a punter and while crewing various engines, for various owners.

But Trystan is dead on the money about the programme.

The years I have attended, the programme for the steamers should have been classed as a work of fiction.

Sounds like this year was no better.
  #28  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th July 2010, 04:33 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: Mike Payne

By the way, the sale results are available at www.hjpugh.com
  #29  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th July 2010, 08:13 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_10 Brass Cleaner View Post
David

But Trystan is dead on the money about the programme.

The years I have attended, the programme for the steamers should have been classed as a work of fiction.

Sounds like this year was no better.
But that can be said of many rally programs. Looking at my small collection going back to 1963, every one has spelling mistakes & description mistakes from an Aveling Barford SCC & an A&P No. 1000005 (didn't realise thay made so many!) to a Fowler oilbath single compound and a Sentinel overtype shaft-drive and steam-organs!
A lot can be put down to difficulty in reading details supplied by the owner or no-body check reading the proofs before printing. But these mistakes have always happened.
  #30  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th July 2010, 08:23 PM
Engineer

Full Name: garrett showmans

its a very good show ,i see mayhews ark is still up and on site!!! when driving past