View Single Post
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th June 2019, 10:29 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James
Default Banbury Steam Rally, 2019

I visited the Banbury Steam Rally yesterday - Saturday 29th June 2019.

As always, it was an excellent show although I found the heat difficult to deal with. From the experience of previous years, I know that photography of the engines is best left until late afternoon as the sun is in a better position. You also have the added bonus that it is mostly engine people or enthusiasts that are still around the engines at this time - your average "how much is it worth" punter has gone home to get the barbie going! With less people around taking some half decent photos of the engines is a little easier.

Below are some photos taken by myself yesterday. They have all been cropped slightly but nothing else has been changed.

The first three photos are of a newly purchased roller - it was collected from the yard where it had been standing the weekend before. I do know a little about the background to the purchase - but I do not know if the people involved want the story in the public domain. So for this reason I will let others post the info if they wish.

I took over one hundred photos but the majority are for artwork projects. For this reason, while they hold a lot of information for myself, to other people they look like poorly taken pictures. There are some that work well though, and a few of these are below.

All in all, a very enjoyable day. I thank the Banbury Steam Society for putting the show on and gathering a good selection of engines together. Great stuff!!!!

Michael