View Single Post
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th September 2019, 08:50 PM
Engineer

Full Name: iain jubb
Default Part built 6” STW Foden lorry - LWB

I bought this Foden as a project to tick away during the winter. It all started out very well until I then went and bought the Robey traction that needed a lot of work. It’s now taking a back burner and to be honest, it will go towards getting the robey done quicker.

Current kit piece total is £27445 but it also comes with optional kit for the irons for the sides at £822. I didn’t get the timber as my plan was to use them to make a brewery dray style back.

The chassis, diff and front end have been built up to make a rolling chassis. The boiler and block have been assembled along with starting on the pistons and crank etc. Everything else is still boxed and all instructions etc are available. I have a folder where I have started to laminate them all into a book.

Based in Lincoln I’m looking for £25k which represents a good saving I feel and also you get it all in one go ready to build. I’m confident that everything is there bar mind the odd nut and bolt. I can happily go through all the bill of materials at collection.

iainjubb@hotmail.com