Thread: Onslow
View Single Post
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th August 2014, 11:39 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Rob Dickinson

One of the better kept secrets - well actually it was on their website which obviously no-one reads as generally it's crap like all the others - was the availability of tickets in advance online. I bought ours on Saturday morning and was purchaser #90. The result was instant admission on our arrival on site at 09.30 on Sunday. I guess people paying on the day at the time must have had to wait more than an hour. As what sun there was vanished by 11.00, it would have spoiled my day,

Of course, if everybody bought in advance, the entrance gate would be overwhelmed.

Last year was my first year and it was not quite as bad, fortunately my brain is not as old as my body and I worked out how to get in and out with minimal hassle.

At the time I pointed out that it was a total shambles compared to the rest of the show and i was told that the traffic queues outside were none of their business and there was nothing that could be done about the queues to pay. This is rubbish, whoever is in charge of entry and exit should be voluntarily retired, some fresh thinking is badly needed.