View Single Post
  #55  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th July 2008, 12:25 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Alan Dean
Wink Dial Post Rally

On behalf of the Sussex Steam Engine Club and Sussex Steam Shows Ltd (the official bit) thank you for all the kind comments about our first rally.The weather on the Saturday was much more than we could have hoped for and the "buzz" around the place was incredible. On Sunday the heavens opened but Sussex Enginemen are never put off by a little monsoon or two. The sight of a Marshall roller winching Fowler TE Black Jack,McClaren Boadicea and Marshall TE Annie at the same time up the arena in the pouring rain was a spectacle I will not forget in a hurry.
Thank you to all our exhibitors for putting their trust in us being able to organise the Rally in particular engine owners who had travelled some distance to be with us.At one time on Friday we had engines coming through the gate at 5 minute intervals.Other road users on the A24 looked thoroughly confused !
As some optimist put me in charge of the money I have now done the sums and can tell you that we appear to have covered our costs despite the horrendous weather on Sunday.Will we do it again next year. Watch this space !!!!!