View Single Post
  #63  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:07 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Andy Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4tty69 View Post
From a public point of view I have found that very few owners, both full size or miniature, seem willing to chat about their engines, most people I tried to talk to about their engine and the show and the scene in general just seemd annoyed at the fact I was bothering them ...........
I know what you mean ........

.....but as a relative newcomer to miniature traction scene, compared to the tracked option, I am happy to say I'm one of the chatty ones, I do wonder if I bore the hind legs off folks sometimes

I've only really done one small rally so far and that was, what I thought, going to be a total failure due to my own stupidity which meant I was unable to be in steam over the whole weekend however it did mean as the engine was stone cold it meant folks could get hands on with it and I encouraged folks to turn, push, pull and fiddle with bits as it was safe to do so, this meant I had my hands full most of the weekend showing folks around it, so all was not lost and I really enjoyed it and I think they did too.
Although a lot of caution has to be explained to the younger folks (and sometimes the older ones too) that you cant touch one's in steam.