View Single Post
  #60  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd September 2014, 04:30 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: John Garton
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourceedee View Post
One big problem with the smaller rallys, monoplies. A well known rally up north with two breweries in the town, a local man has a train shaped woodfired pizza oven which does great value and tasting pizzas, even has a whistle!
As far as I am informed he wanted to go to said rally but was told couldnt be near the beer tent as the guy who does the bar has two catering vans serving in my view substandard rubbish. The pizza man was then told he could park up in the middle of nowhere and miss most of the evening trade due to his alloted location.
Small local rallies are being ruined by monopolies eiter in the trade side or the committe side with the 'click' running the show.

I only make a point of going to one rally uphere, Hunton a great rally that has stuck to its tradition isnt ruined by tat and has some movement they even had a time trail couse in the main ring for the classic car boys to bash at even some steamers had a go!
Proper rally with a sat night run to the pub.
I'm not defending the situation but if the rally organisers have extracted a few thousand pounds from a caterer then he is going to want to ensure that he is given a fair chance to recoup those thousands plus a wage for himself and his employees. I'm sure that all those on here will have their own ideas about the rights and wrongs of this system!