View Single Post
  #47  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd September 2014, 02:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

its quite true.

I have a single A4 sheet for the engine, austin 7 and now the living van, current versions are laminated, but I have had them in a sealed (with silicone) picture frame before now.

Sadly some owners regulary enter engines into events and give the organiser no details for the programme which makes it even worse for Joe Public. I have a condensed text only version of my A4 sheet which I generally print out and enclose with my entry forms.

When you have something for the punter to read, I find that they stimulate sensible conversation with the punters, rather more than the standard opener ''wots it worth mate''. At Onslow Park my engine which has a derbyshire reg number gained the interest of an old gent from the county who seemingly had worked for Olive & Partington and came out with pictures of 'Lord Doverdale' at work and some very interesting stories to tell. I pointed him towards team Debes and using my fathers description to look for 'a bloody old ploughing engine or a Clayton painted a horrid green' where I learnt later he had been introduced to the engines owners daugher.