Thread: WANTED lathe
View Single Post
  #24  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th October 2015, 05:49 PM
Engineer

Full Name: MARK RIGG
Default WANTED - LATHE

Hello James .

You don`t say which actual model DSG you are looking at - the type and between centre length is cast into the front face of the bed , so it will be obvious.

DSG were always refered to as the Rolls-Royce of lathes - in fact until a few years ago there was always at least one new machine on order for one of the Rolls- Royce plants or one of their own machine back for a rebuild on the shop floor at Keighley.

So, if Rolls- Royce were satisfied, then I`m sure you will be too. One thing - properly looked after, you`ll never wear it out.

As Carl has said, parts for the older machines were available from the works, but a bit pricey. They were always very helpful with making drawings available and fixing up second hand parts out of dismantled machines if the customer was on a tight budget . I`ve not worked for them for a few years and there have been owner and management changes in recent years,
so I don`t know what the current situation is up there now.

I still have quite an quite an archive of DSG stuff, so if you can give me a serial number and where the machine is located it might be a machine that I knew of.

MARK