View Single Post
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd November 2018, 10:09 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Adrian White

No need for EATES to apologise Adam. I'm not saying the East Anglian Traction Engine Society is at fault, I was just (possibly poorly) using the event as an example of an day out that was nearby-ish last week which some TT members further afield may have wished to see. Judging from the Pics seen on TT, I thought it was a shame it didn't get mentioned on TT. But hey ho that's life - no problem and I understand the reasons why. We see often some great pics of events on TT afterwards and think "pity I'd like to have been there if only I knew" . It's for that reason I requested members & engine owners to kindly post any advanced info of events if it's possible. Sadly we can't be members of all the excellent groups/ Society's around the UK and are therefore sometimes out of the loop.

The East Anglian Traction Engine Society puts on some splendid events, 'Crank Up' being a good example and I do hold it in high regard. I hope it was indeed a fruitful AGM and we can all look forward to some more splendid EATES events next season. I know as you say many people now use social media to post info but there are many on TT who don't use Facebook etc and therefore miss out on such events. The more info on TT, the better for the hobby I say. Sorry if I caused any offence - absolutely non intended. I wish your group all the best for 2019.

As I said before, thanks to those who do post info on TT and I do respect those who prefer not, for whatever reason