View Single Post
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th August 2015, 09:50 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction-Tom View Post
Hedd,

There was talk of the crane engine moving Dougal to the rally field earlier in the year but due to visiting Dorset we would be unable to return the engine to Welshpool. I was informed the other week that the railway had made the decision that 'Foremost' would move Dougal to the rally on the Saturday and then back on the Monday. Nothing had been confirmed with us or the owner of the engine so I am not sure where that write up has come from. Not sure on times of movements but I would imagine 'Foremost'' will arrive at the rally sometime in the afternoon.

I will be around on Thursday so see you there, what route are you taking?

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks for that Tom, as the post was from you, I knew that something must have changed.

Quite a few people have commented to me that they had also read the guff on the Welshpool website.

No disrespect to anyone, but Dougal is a light load for a B6, Buttington - Onslow is not that far, perhaps 12 -13 miles, so an opportunity of only an hour or two for spotting, and the Sentinels float my boat more. I suspect on balance I shall be watching Sentinels on Saturday.

On Thursday we shall be flying up the A53 after picking up the living van from the garden. I suspect this year I shall fancy going through town passed 'The Sentinel' and the oil barons works, under the railway bridge, over the Welsh Bridge and up the Mount. Mrs Jones has provisionally requested a visit to her work in Oxon so the kiddies can see the engine, but this might not happen.

Based on last years run I doubt we shall be at my house to pick the van up much before lunch time, and arrive at the field much earlier than 3 or 4 PM.