Thread: Haddenham Rally
View Single Post
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th September 2008, 01:30 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Emily Pumfrey

Having just got back from the Somme, it seems as if something epic has been acheived! Thanks to Andrew Waling for towing my little car off.
I think this year's rally was an amazing success considering the conditions, it really goes to show that Fen people are made of stern stuff. The support from the public on both days was great, and the local farmers really went out of their to help. It is pleasing that the event means so much to the community.
I counted 18 tractors on site during the Sunday hour rush, as well as the vintage tractors doing their bit too. Indeed, Chris did not leave his tractor until late last night, having to get home to drive one all day at work! I don't think we would have had a rally at all if it wasn't for him, and the army of helpers.
By the time it was dark, the site was successfully emptied, and nobody was abandoned to the tide.
Who needs the big load at Dorset when you can see Ollie Owen's 2 John Deere's double heading Mr Eagle's lowloader. All so he could keep his engine wheels clean!