View Single Post
  #40  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th July 2011, 09:28 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Stuart Gaines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_10 Brass Cleaner View Post
Crikey, the poor old Burrell gold medal has had some stick (the one with the little wheels)
That will be down to having to pull a roller van and a large showman's van back from Edenbridge recently when another engine failed (no prizes to the Sussex contingent for guessing which one). It's a pretty hilly route for the south east with most of it being done in second gear (up and down). It looks as if the top of the smokebox door distorted in the heat letting air in and making things even hotter. The door was straightened but there wasn't time to paint before heading off to Wiston. I suspect it was preferred not to attack it with an oily rag to give a better chance of the paint sticking when it gets back home.

As has been said the show was excellent and has room to grow on the site. Have to say the Tardis' were some of the best maintained I've ever come across at a rally.

The waterer's almost smiled when they advised that we might like to go to my wife's assistance as she was trying to stop the water tank for the miniature railway falling over after they'd filled it.