Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wimbish Steam It Day 2019 (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=45122)

EATES 1st August 2019 08:45 PM

Wimbish Steam It Day 2019

You are invited to the Wimbish Steam It Day on Saturday 5th October 2019. The event will be hosted within Wimbish Village and will boast a selection of Steam Engines, historical displays, local stalls and refreshments.

The event will celebrate Taylors Brothers, rolling contractors and preservation pioneers of wimbish.

All are welcome to attend this free event so why not come along between 10am and 5PM, Head for the Wimbish Recreation Ground CB10 2XJ.

If you have any questions or wish to bring an engine or exhibit along please reach out to us at wimbishsteamitday@eates.org

UJ2225 2nd August 2019 12:28 PM

Sounds an interesting event.... will there be any of the old ex Wimbish engines in attendance?

UJ2225 6th August 2019 12:16 PM

It would be lovely to see the little Wallis roller Sammy as well as some of the other engines there which have not been in the yard since the sale.

Come to think of it when did Lucy may and Nippy last stand side by side?

Garrett58 6th August 2019 01:31 PM

Jim. we have no guarantees that both Nippy & Lucy May will be there. However with this being what we hope will be the first of many such events we are hopeful. What we can safely say is that there will be a number of Taylor Bros rollers there both steam & internal combustion. My own 1937 Aveling & Barford DX "Southend Jack" together with the little tandem Barford & Perkins of 1913 vintage. Southend Jack has never been shown at a rally having been tucked away for the last 35 years in a barn. Kevin

EATES 20th August 2019 06:42 PM

Plans are moving forwards and we are working out engine and coal logistics.

If you would like to bring a Full Size engine or Model along to this years event please could you complete and return an entry form.
Wimbish_SteamItday_2019_Entry.pdf

No.41 26th August 2019 07:09 AM

Wimbish Steam It Day 2019

Much as we would have liked to return Aveling 7385 to its second working base, it is currently undergoing the 10 year hydraulic test and will not be in a presentable condition for this event. Named 'Midget' while in Taylor Bros' ownership, the little 4 ton single speed roller ex Oxford Corporation was also known as 'Snatch' by Ben and his men for reasons that are obvious to anyone who has driven it. Although 7385 attended the very first EATEC rally at Saling, when Ben later purchased the two Aveling tractors they saw all the action, and the little roller was left under the trees until we took pity on it.

Sandy Ross

Arfursteam 28th September 2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EATES (Post 415271)
You are invited to the Wimbish Steam It Day on Saturday 5th October 2019. The event will be hosted within Wimbish Village and will boast a selection of Steam Engines, historical displays, local stalls and refreshments.

The event will celebrate Taylors Brothers, rolling contractors and preservation pioneers of wimbish.

All are welcome to attend this free event so why not come along between 10am and 5PM, Head for the Wimbish Recreation Ground CB10 2XJ.

If you have any questions or wish to bring an engine or exhibit along please reach out to us at wimbishsteamitday@eates.org

Bump

elijahbell 29th September 2019 08:54 AM

Aveling 7898 Is another ex Taylor Bros engine which i'm afraid I can confirming won't be attending for those wondering what to expect, currently off the road undergoing some maintenance to the front spring and a few other little jobs - hopefully as has been mentioned this is the first of hopefully a few reunion events so i'm sure she'll be able to join her old gang again in time :)

UJ2225 30th September 2019 10:11 AM

I see an Essex County Council reunion coming on....

Comeonoldgirl 30th September 2019 11:28 AM

Hopefully not for a few years. Not until mine is reboxed, anyhow.