Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Will This Be At Pickering ? (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=7590)

Cygnus X-1 9th July 2009 06:04 PM

Will This Be At Pickering ?

1 Attachment(s)
While browsing through my 2005 Pickering photo's I came across this engine , I'm hoping that it will be at Pickering this year

Desperate Dod 10th July 2009 08:01 AM

No I wont be at pickering but it will be at Dorset! there are some photos of how it looks now on www.bonaccordsteamclub.co.uk

Cygnus X-1 10th July 2009 06:42 PM

Would have been great to see the engine as it looks now , is Dorset the only event left this year to see this fine machine ?

notyalc 10th July 2009 06:55 PM

Will there be a Pickering?.....

Cygnus X-1 10th July 2009 06:58 PM

Hopefully

Steaming North 10th July 2009 07:04 PM

Anthony - we had a flyer on our windscreen at the end of the day at Helmsley last weekend for Pickering. Someone's gone to the effort of producing them and putting them out so I guess it must be.

Got your email, will have a go this weekend.

PTER 16th July 2009 08:47 PM

Pickering Traction Engine Rally is ON. Check up to date info on the website via eventsandexhibitions.net

greystones 17th July 2009 06:08 PM

If any one wants to really know whats arranged for Pickering look at the" events and exhibitions" web page . All the info is listed. It looks as if it will be as big if not bigger than previous rallies. Also Steam Traction World will be attending with the Lykamobile which they are driving from John O Groats to Lands End for charity (For The Hearing Dogs). Just hope the weather improves before then. Looking forword to seeing you all again on Saturday night for the Road Run for some of our good grub at Greystones Cafe. We will be open as usual with our organ playing outside.

Vern 17th July 2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greystones (Post 69307)
If any one wants to really know whats arranged for Pickering look at the" events and exhibitions" web page . All the info is listed. It looks as if it will be as big if not bigger than previous rallies. Also Steam Traction World will be attending with the Lykamobile which they are driving from John O Groats to Lands End for charity (For The Hearing Dogs). Just hope the weather improves before then. Looking forword to seeing you all again on Saturday night for the Road Run for some of our good grub at Greystones Cafe. We will be open as usual with our organ playing outside.

I can heartily recommend Greystones- never in my born days have I had such good grub, served with such abuse! Judy, it's always a pleasure to trade insults with you and even send them o'er the moors with your lad! Give the dog my love and tell him I miss him. With a bit of luck, we might sneak over after work one evening. Vern.

rustysteel 17th July 2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notyalc (Post 68373)
Will there be a Pickering?.....

Got my entry form for miniatures & returned it about 3 weeks ago, have also spoken to Lou Rex & it's definitely on.