Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Old Warden (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=3942)

Ruston 1st September 2008 05:24 PM

Old Warden

Ok hands up all those whos going .

mark lewis 1st September 2008 06:30 PM

Will be on the sunday

Cygnus X-1 1st September 2008 07:43 PM

I hope to spend a day at Old Warden this year , one of the big shows I have never attended .
Last years must have been excellent I don't usually venture much below North Leicestershire so I hope to see a few engines for the first time:D

BUNGLE 1st September 2008 08:43 PM

We'll be there for the weekend. Bringing a mate who's never been to a rally, or steam minded, so hope to convert him.
Went on the sat. Last year for the first time. Enjoyed it

bungle

steaming chappers 1st September 2008 08:50 PM

i shall be there hopefully from next wednesday depending on collage and on the weekend shall either be, on the trailer rides, or walking around.
if any body needs a hand give me a shout.
lee

Edwin Foden 1st September 2008 09:05 PM

We'll be there on the Thursday evening all being well.

steamboy 1st September 2008 09:27 PM

goin saturday then essex country show (barleylands) on sunday

glen

buggeroff 1st September 2008 09:44 PM

Definatley on Saturday, one of the nicest setting for a rally, one day we will attend with our Burrell.

Chris.

YA1177 1st September 2008 10:52 PM

I will be there from next Thursday morning, and will be roading my engine over on Sunday.

Mr Steam Jnr 2nd September 2008 06:37 AM

Might pop in ;-)

kev-zoo 2nd September 2008 11:47 AM

we will both be there from Thursday night if all goes well, just looking for a log to fit my trailer!

Kev

hertfordshire boy 2nd September 2008 12:57 PM

From Friday morning all being well!

injectorman 2nd September 2008 01:30 PM

Be there from Friday morning, hopefully.

eng14110 3rd September 2008 08:20 PM

Looking to arrive mid morning on Friday all being well :D

b6 Fowler 5th September 2008 08:04 PM

General idea is to arrive with 14424 sometime on thursday.not sure when,just hoping the dam weahter improves,as i have had close on 20ton of 14424 in sticky situations in years gone by.
certainly something i have no wish to repeat.
If you see us come up and say hello,but please remember i am quite deaf.

No funny comments on it being the Fowler made me deaf either.. lol

Tim Watson 7th September 2008 12:10 AM

Will be there Friday evening, as soon as I can escape from work.Tim

BUNGLE 8th September 2008 06:27 PM

I saw the weather forecast at lunchtime for the week, and friday does not look good. Lets really hope it's another time when the weather people are wrong !!
The sheep get worried when i put my wellies on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bungle

Edwin Foden 8th September 2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUNGLE (Post 33875)
I saw the weather forecast at lunchtime for the week, and friday does not look good. Lets really hope it's another time when the weather people are wrong !!
The sheep get worried when i put my wellies on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bungle

According to http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3404 Biggleswade has sunny intervals for Friday and Saturday....

3816 8th September 2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin Foden (Post 33905)
According to http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3404 Biggleswade has sunny intervals for Friday and Saturday....

Hope your right as its pouring down in Cornwall again tonight !!!!!!

Steve.

BUNGLE 9th September 2008 09:09 PM

Hope you are right edwin,
that will calm the sheep down !!

Bungle

avelingporter 10th September 2008 10:40 AM

Spoke to the organiser last night and he is not worried by any of the forecasts. The show goes on anyway. Looking forwards to coming the show as we have not been before.

Should be there on Thursday with the engine and we and living van arrive Friday lunchtime.

Are we going to have a TT meet, as so many of you seem to be going? Any suggestions as having not gone before do not know the lay of the land.

Come and say hello anyway.

Douglas and A&P TE 4255 'Queen Victoria' Crew

Thecoalman 10th September 2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avelingporter (Post 34219)
Spoke to the organiser last night and he is not worried by any of the forecasts. The show goes on anyway. Looking forwards to coming the show as we have not been before.

Should be there on Thursday with the engine and we and living van arrive Friday lunchtime.

Are we going to have a TT meet, as so many of you seem to be going? Any suggestions as having not gone before do not know the lay of the land.

Come and say hello anyway.

Douglas and A&P TE 4255 'Queen Victoria' Crew

Just enjoy

You can't beet the setting, have been back and forward with coal, some wet spots but hopefully will dry up.

Mr Steam Jnr 10th September 2008 07:07 PM

Site has dried up well today, we will be going ahead whatever

buggeroff 10th September 2008 07:50 PM

good lad, you know it makes sense.

Chris.

notyalc 10th September 2008 08:18 PM

Are you coming down Chris?

Ruston 10th September 2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecoalman (Post 34221)
Just enjoy

You can't beet the setting, have been back and forward with coal, some wet spots but hopefully will dry up.

wet spot never,its been sunny all day,anyway you can always fill them with saw dust , see you thursday ,,,,dont forget the fee samples......ha hee ha
;)
As for the setting must be one of the best around along with Belvior.....

Ruston 10th September 2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Steam Jnr (Post 34284)
Site has dried up well today, we will be going ahead whatever

Look mate the shows got to go on ,as we want to try out our new lifter hose..........;)

b6 Fowler 11th September 2008 06:09 PM

Took 14424 onto the site this afternoon through the main entrance to the field and no problems at all,
And thats 20tons on smooth rubbers.
Hopefully see a few of you over the next 3 days,we shall be doing a massive polishing job friday,so if you do come along we have plenty of polish and rags.

Thecoalman 12th September 2008 07:06 AM

Just got back (got to work) from the site lots of stuff in good dry ground wish i could have stayed for the day as my lot are going out with the engine to the pub at lunch
But the ground looks so good.
See you all at the weekend

UJ2225 12th September 2008 10:39 AM

I live right next to Barleylands and I will be driving past it on my way to Old warden!!

The Beds club always put on a smashing show with always plenty of new things to see.

JS

buggeroff 12th September 2008 03:11 PM

Good old Jim, looking forward to meeting up tomorrow, got your "S" model goodie all wrapped up ready for you to fit on your boiler.
We are setting of at 8 am, more than likely see you looking at Burrells.

Chris.

UJ2225 12th September 2008 09:16 PM

Sounds good! I will soon be able to fit it (what is it though??)

I think i will be looking at Sentinels and C type fodens before the burrells!
Called in at barleylands tonight and there are 1 or 2 surprises including Aveling Roller "Green Arrow "looking very smart (think I would of roaded here there though). Another superb engine was Alan Whites lovely old Burrell "Spanker" and the Garwood familys lovely old Aveling "The old girl" looking very well cared for and driven to the show by road from Thurlow Suffolk. Well done Matt!

I wonder what surprises await at old warden??

JS

Scenic 14th September 2008 08:59 AM

We returned late last night from a fantastic day out at Old Warden. No need to tell everyone what they already know about what was there, but the efforts of all involved, the huge range and quality of exhibits and the relaxed but efficient organisation are all to be applauded. Well Done and hope today goes as well.

THE GREAT NOISE 14th September 2008 05:51 PM

Went to Old Warden on sat thats a cracking show both the miss's and i enjoyed it there such a good selection of engine's and many that had travelled big distences. well done to the organisers.

notyalc 15th September 2008 08:21 AM

Got home at 10.30 last night, 30 min delay at Stamford due to the roadworks. Another superb event. Looking forward to next year already!

Congrats to all of the team involved, keep up the good work, hope you get the field sorted.

Cygnus X-1 15th September 2008 03:19 PM

My first time at Old Warden yesterday and I had a great time , I guess 70% of the steam exhibits were new to me so my camera got a good run out .
So much to see I didn't stop all day , my feet have just recovered having driven 300+ miles and then ambled for hours .
The show made up for the fact that the last two weekends were ruined due to the weather and I hope to be going back next year.
I think the event ring could have been twice the size given the amount of people around the perimeter , it was difficult getting the photography right .
Superb surroundings I only wish I could have made time to see the house and the Shuttleworth Collection , maybe next time.
Many highlights but seeing Old Tim , President and Gigantic was a mega thrill.

top trucker 15th September 2008 06:55 PM

returned home this evening after an 11 hour drive from Old Warden. Another great rally, well done to all the organisers and thank you for your hospitality.

BUNGLE 15th September 2008 08:39 PM

WENT FOR THE WEEKEND, GOT THERE FRIDAY JUST A FEW MINUTES BEFORE THE CLOUD BURST, WAS HALF WAY THROUGH SETTING UP THE MOTORHOME, SO GOT SOAKED STRAIGHT AWAY, FOUND THAT BY SUNDAY EVE WE HAD PARKED ON/IN THE ONLY BIT OF THE SITE THAT REMAINED A BOG ALL WEEKEND !!!!

I BLOODLY LOVED IT ALL THE SAME !! SO DID MY MATE AND HIS MISSES WHO HAD NEVER BEEN TO A RALLY IN THEIR LIVES, AND IT BLEW THEM ALWAY, KEEP ASKING WHEN OUR WE GOING TO THE NEXT RALLY !!!:rolleyes:

WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED

BUNGLE:D

Steaming Teuchter 15th September 2008 09:48 PM

Arrived home at quarter past 4 on Monday morning after a 10 hour drive!! Many thanks to all the organising team who made us so welcome. The whole atmosphere, surroundings made it one of the best rally's this year and well worth the journey!!! We'll almost certanly be back next year!!

Gav

Lancashire Lad 15th September 2008 10:19 PM

got back around quarter past 6 tonight, dad arrived home about 1 or 2 o clock this afternoon, we've all had a cracking weekend! look forward to next year!