Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Show Reports (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fig Pie Rolling Wybunbury (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=22711)

medicinal compound 18th June 2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windmiller78 (Post 214954)
darren your doing a very good job of making yourself look very very silly.
i can confirm the spares are in my yard (for storage) owned by aunty w, not pulled off any roller recently well the last 50 years, but infact a somerset scrap yard, ex cricket pitch near Wiveliscombe. i would have thought bob ought to be commended for saving them rather than weighing them in?

[bad language removed]

windmiller78 18th June 2012 07:36 AM

well i'm glad you see fit to defame me.
you've never met me.
i can clearly see from your post you are challenged.
i also not there are no mountains in lincs. i was born there.

Broken Firebar 18th June 2012 08:22 AM

Mr Compound,

Whilst I am no prude (far from it!) can I suggest that it might be worth considering that kids also read this forum and that some of your posts may not really be appropriate.

Feel free to think what you want of course, and doubtless I will also be a **** but there we are.

Now, back to talking twaddle about steam engines and fig pies please!

fireman dan 18th June 2012 08:55 AM

Who owns Avellana now? I thought it belong to a nice chap called nick from down ere

Sams Boy 18th June 2012 10:02 AM

Now owned by a dodgy chap up here - he's been walking round with a grin from ear to ear all weekend - wouldn't go home, he had to keep having a play all weekend - he even mangaed to polish it for all of 5 mins before he found an excuse to do something else and get his slaves on the polish.

Blackjack 18th June 2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sams Boy (Post 215042)
Now owned by a dodgy chap up here - he's been walking round with a grin from ear to ear all weekend - wouldn't go home, he had to keep having a play all weekend - he even mangaed to polish it for all of 5 mins before he found an excuse to do something else and get his slaves on the polish.

Probably the same very dodgy guy that ate all the figgy pies ;)

Didn't take him long to set up a new Avatar, or is that an Avellano

Broken Firebar 18th June 2012 10:20 AM

Ah - the figgy pies were inedible I understand from a good source.

I did polish the copper top, and did a large amount of polishing prior to the weekend and on Saturday. ;) Anyway - I was acting as a consultant to Basil Enterprises on lashing his roller down in the wee wagon at the time!!

And in answer to the question - yes - we have been very lucky in aquiring Aveling 8401 and my grin is still there. Very happy bunnies up here.

The Pirate 18th June 2012 11:03 AM

And in answer to the question - yes - we have been very lucky in aquiring Aveling 8401 and my grin is still there. Very happy bunnies up here.[/QUOTE]

So you should be.
What about the roller now though - consigned to the back of the shed, never to be seen again:)

Broken Firebar 18th June 2012 11:29 AM

Oh No - we shall still be progressing - we have a few rally weekends coming up, but will still make time. Crown stays next.

Roger 18th June 2012 11:38 AM

Congratulations on aquiring "Hazelnut" ;)