Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Old Warden (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=3942)

avelingporter 10th September 2008 10:40 AM

Spoke to the organiser last night and he is not worried by any of the forecasts. The show goes on anyway. Looking forwards to coming the show as we have not been before.

Should be there on Thursday with the engine and we and living van arrive Friday lunchtime.

Are we going to have a TT meet, as so many of you seem to be going? Any suggestions as having not gone before do not know the lay of the land.

Come and say hello anyway.

Douglas and A&P TE 4255 'Queen Victoria' Crew

Thecoalman 10th September 2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avelingporter (Post 34219)
Spoke to the organiser last night and he is not worried by any of the forecasts. The show goes on anyway. Looking forwards to coming the show as we have not been before.

Should be there on Thursday with the engine and we and living van arrive Friday lunchtime.

Are we going to have a TT meet, as so many of you seem to be going? Any suggestions as having not gone before do not know the lay of the land.

Come and say hello anyway.

Douglas and A&P TE 4255 'Queen Victoria' Crew

Just enjoy

You can't beet the setting, have been back and forward with coal, some wet spots but hopefully will dry up.

Mr Steam Jnr 10th September 2008 07:07 PM

Site has dried up well today, we will be going ahead whatever

buggeroff 10th September 2008 07:50 PM

good lad, you know it makes sense.

Chris.

notyalc 10th September 2008 08:18 PM

Are you coming down Chris?

Ruston 10th September 2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecoalman (Post 34221)
Just enjoy

You can't beet the setting, have been back and forward with coal, some wet spots but hopefully will dry up.

wet spot never,its been sunny all day,anyway you can always fill them with saw dust , see you thursday ,,,,dont forget the fee samples......ha hee ha
;)
As for the setting must be one of the best around along with Belvior.....

Ruston 10th September 2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Steam Jnr (Post 34284)
Site has dried up well today, we will be going ahead whatever

Look mate the shows got to go on ,as we want to try out our new lifter hose..........;)

b6 Fowler 11th September 2008 06:09 PM

Took 14424 onto the site this afternoon through the main entrance to the field and no problems at all,
And thats 20tons on smooth rubbers.
Hopefully see a few of you over the next 3 days,we shall be doing a massive polishing job friday,so if you do come along we have plenty of polish and rags.

Thecoalman 12th September 2008 07:06 AM

Just got back (got to work) from the site lots of stuff in good dry ground wish i could have stayed for the day as my lot are going out with the engine to the pub at lunch
But the ground looks so good.
See you all at the weekend

UJ2225 12th September 2008 10:39 AM

I live right next to Barleylands and I will be driving past it on my way to Old warden!!

The Beds club always put on a smashing show with always plenty of new things to see.

JS