Traction-Talk

Traction-Talk (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/index.php)
-   Steam Events (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bishops Castle 2012 (https://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=23855)

Steaming North 10th September 2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampwortroy (Post 226626)
Come along Davy. It would be good to meet you. Us outsiders could gang-up against the locals!

We'll find you your own special corner where you can hang out...I think we'll call it Wales.

Sams Boy 11th September 2012 11:57 AM

Samson & KGV nicely tucked up in the shed ready!

lampwortroy 11th September 2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steaming North (Post 226627)
We'll find you your own special corner where you can hang out...I think we'll call it Wales.

That's OK so long as Ted the Bed will share it with us.

w6cloggs 12th September 2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack (Post 226449)
Next weekend 15th and 16th.

You will be safe, I don't think W6Cloggs is up to chasing anyone round the streets for a week or two.

Foot is a lot better now ! looking forward to meeting Davy but I don't think he has the bottle !!! after all he has never shown his face yet

lampwortroy 12th September 2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w6cloggs (Post 226988)
Foot is a lot better now ! looking forward to meeting Davy but I don't think he has the bottle !!! after all he has never shown his face yet

You also have another chance to tell Blackjack how good your wrist band is!

Broken Firebar 12th September 2012 08:31 PM

I think you might risk it being shoved somewhere the magnets don't shine!!!

w6cloggs 12th September 2012 08:39 PM

There's no fool like an old fool ;) Like they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink !

buzzy bee 12th September 2012 08:48 PM

So, is Bishops castle two days?

Where is one best to go on the Saturday, and a Sunday respectiveley, having never been before. Times,Locations, etc?

davidnclare 12th September 2012 08:52 PM

Go Saturday, stay Saturday night, go home Sunday, simples.

8_10 Brass Cleaner 12th September 2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzy bee (Post 227024)
So, is Bishops castle two days?

Where is one best to go on the Saturday, and a Sunday respectiveley, having never been before. Times,Locations, etc?

Dave,

Engines on display in the cattle market saturday day, sunday day. All sorts of stuff all over town, classic/vintage cars tractors etc.

Parade round town in the afternoon.

Come late afternoon on the Saturday the engines will dissapear, to be replaced by a fair. The engines return in the evening, mostly parked outside pubs, usually untill the early hours if the weather is good.

The two places to be are down the bottom of Town by the Six Bells, or up town near the Three Tuns and Castle Hotel.