Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th August 2012, 09:23 PM
Banned

Full Name: Tom Bowden

How is the show ground holding out as I understand that it has been raining in God's country all week?
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th August 2012, 09:43 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Adrian Menear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttp2011 View Post
How is the show ground holding out as I understand that it has been raining in God's country all week?
Tom, you have heard wrong, there was some light rain earlier at the site, none at the moment, just mist here now, (Camborne)

The site itself, at 7.30pm, when I left, is perfect but damp, no mud what so ever and there has been a lot of traffic coming in over the last couple of days

You have to remember that the advantage we have at the Stithians site, is that there are a lot of roadways and hard standing. It's only the car park and where you would turn off to camp that would be grass based
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th August 2012, 01:24 PM
Banned

Full Name: Tom Bowden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4040 View Post
Tom, you have heard wrong, there was some light rain earlier at the site, none at the moment, just mist here now, (Camborne)

The site itself, at 7.30pm, when I left, is perfect but damp, no mud what so ever and there has been a lot of traffic coming in over the last couple of days

You have to remember that the advantage we have at the Stithians site, is that there are a lot of roadways and hard standing. It's only the car park and where you would turn off to camp that would be grass based

Thanks for your response and for correcting me. Admittedly, I am going by the weather here in Ivybridge but I also have been looking at the BBC Weather website for Stithians. I admit that the last time I visited Stithians was in 2010 and we drove down in brilliant sunshine until we were two miles from the site and it rained! I do not want to be driving for nearly two hours to get to the site only to get soaked - I could do that in my back garden and save the petrol !!!
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th August 2012, 04:21 PM
Engineer

I have just had a look and the weather forcast seems to be different depending which one you look at! which is not so helpful

It's been wet in the morning today and brilliant sunshine this afternoon, now it's neither one or the other!
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th August 2012, 04:37 PM
Engineer

Its been a good day at the site today, with only a couple of light showers. For all the latest information please join our facebook group