Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd September 2016, 03:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: keith flinton
Default long eaton model show

Just been told that this show as been cancelled ??
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th September 2016, 01:40 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Brian Wainwright

Certainly has, just seen this posted on the funfair forum from the organisers, Ian and Hayley Johnson.

Dear Exhibitor

It is with deepest regret that we have to deliver the news that our Fairground Model Show and Fairground Exhibition due to take place on Saturday 19th November has to be cancelled.

For reasons beyond our control. We have always had the understanding with the council that as long as we kept the show free admission to the public we would not have to pay rent for the use of the Town Hall. So as normal I booked the use of the hall early December 2015. We then received a letter in mid-July stating from the 1st April 2016 all groups using the facilities would have to pay rent. To hire the Town Hall from Friday 1.00p.m until Saturday 9.00pm the cost was going to be £2340!!! And to top it off we were told we couldn’t move any of the furniture (tables and chairs) around in the rooms. After several meetings and phone calls they came back to us to say we could have it half price this year but there would be an extra charge for moving the furniture around.

As I think you will agree even though the show is brilliant we cannot justify paying this sort of money to a greedy council. We believe this figure and restrictions will only get worse. After losing Phil the caretaker and our main sponsor Neil Atkinson (RBS) last year, who incidentally was on the local chamber of trade we feel we have lost our warm welcome and support within the Council.

We have thought long and hard to try and come up with an alternative venue. But there is nowhere near the fair big enough to house our very large show and we don’t want to downsize from the monster we have created. How would I choose 20 exhibitors out of the 150 who have supported us over the last 17 years?

Can we take this opportunity to thank-you for all your support whether you been to one show or all seventeen shows without you it wouldn’t have been what it was. So let’s remember LEGENDARY LONG EATON with fondest and not sadness.

We are absolutely devastated with this but very proud of what we achieved.

Yours

Hayley, Ian, Tommy and Jamie Johnson

If you would like to stress your disappointment about this matter please email Tom.Haddock@erewash.gov.uk unfortunately I don’t think it will make any difference though as all they want to do is state policy!!
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th October 2016, 03:38 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: roger smith
Default Long Eaton Model Show

can anyone please confirm what is happing I e is taking place or not
many thanks