Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th August 2019, 05:24 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Chris Webb
Default Lincoln Rally

Sadly the worst rally experience I have had, the place was completely overrun with travellers. All of us in the miniature steam section spent the weekend looking over our shoulders. We got off lightly, stall holders threatened and stock stolen. Unlikely we will be attending next year.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th August 2019, 08:21 PM
Engineer

Full Name: paul white

I was in the miniature section and all being well I will be back next year, can't let these people spoil it for the rest of us.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th August 2019, 09:15 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Chris Webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
I was in the miniature section and all being well I will be back next year, can't let these people spoil it for the rest of us.
Fair point, as I am local may well travel each day and see how it goes. I am reluctant to dump my local rally
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 20th August 2019, 02:51 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Arthur Carpenter

I did experience some some aggravation by a a group of six young lads throwing snap bangers at the ice cream van whilst I was being served, even one youth snapping them beside my face. Ice cream seller told them off and got abuse. First time have this happen at a rally.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st August 2019, 11:06 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael PARTRIDGE

I was on the miniature section, although I didn't personally have any problems I had it on good authority that Saturday night , they caused a near riot in the beer tent and trashed two stall holders stalls as well, the Police were called, but I don't know what the outcome was. A friend was surrounded by a group of six [oxygen thieves ] on his 4'' Burrell refusing to let him proceed, and were messing with his engine, he was on his own at this time and suffers severe lung problems so had to wait until they got fed up and went before he could move on. I could say lots more but the thought police would be on me like a ton of bricks. Apparently several generators were also stolen overnight.. They are just animals and will eventually ruin the rally scene as its happening more and more at other rallies. The Police seem to be unable or unwilling to do anything about it. Yuman Rights and P.C. being the order of the day.