Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th April 2014, 08:08 PM
Engineer

Full Name: sam goddard
Default Rowde ploughing match

had a great week end at the ploughing match saturday was very laid back with plenty of cider and a delicious hog roast. the live band helped liven up the evening and spent ours drowned in knowledgeable conversations with many enthusiasts. sunday all the ploughing pro's arrived nice and early to set up and get started.

both days were blessed with sun shine and clear skies which made the trip to and from the event very enjoyable and it felt so good to finally get the garrett back on the road after being in hibernation for 5 years. looking forward to roading to castle coombe in a couple of weeks. here are a few pictures i managed to take.

regards sam
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th April 2014, 10:29 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James

Hi Sam,

Great photos - the horse drawn GWR wagon really looks the part, together with the step ladder tied(?) to the tender; I really like these details. Also, the shadow cast by the front wheels in the second photo is amazing and very striking; the sun is fairly low and must have been directly in front of the engine - I don't think I have ever seen a shadow like this before - and I do spend quite some time imagining what shapes shadows should be!!!. A strange interest I know, but each to their own...!!! The ashpan on the Garrett; is it the one off a certain 4CD in Coventry? And that's not the best table cloth on the belly tank is it?!

I'll send you an update on the drawing soon - when I get a minute.

Michael
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th April 2014, 09:17 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Tom Stevens

Good to see greyhound out again Sam. Haven't seen her since our wedding 3 and a half years ago