Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th May 2015, 03:51 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Brian Read
Default Classic car show orpington kent

As I no longer have a miniature traction engine to run I'm building a RealLifeToys ride-on battery powered Jeep (See model TL3 on the Toylander website) and working towards a finish date in mid-September. My aim is to have it working in time to use it as a children's ride-on car at a Classic Car Show on September 20th in Orpington, Kent organised by St.Christopher's Hospice as a major fund raising event. (See their website St. Christopher's Hospice and look at the future events listing). There will be a exhibitors entry form on line. Last year I took my 3" Marshall to run but it developed some unrepairable problems on site so was unable to run it and give trailer rides as planned. I have since sold it.
If there are any model traction engine owners who would be willing to join me with their models and give trailer rides at this event I would be delighted to hear from them via a forum personal message. I can arrange a secure area and the main aim is to support the Hospice by raising money with donations for rides.

I hope this will be of interest which would provide a great opportunity to display a variety of miniature traction engines and hopefully a few Toylanders in action for a really worthwhile cause. Last years show attracted a record number of cars and visitors far beyond the organisers expectations and we hope to do even better this year by introducing rides for the children and a display for ourselves.
If anyones interested please contact me as suggested so we can have a chat.
Thank you, Brian Read
West Wickham, Kent BR4.