Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th September 2023, 03:29 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Jon
Default 3" part built Burrell Road Locomotive 6NHP "The Dalesman"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8947217036868/

I've been asked to advertise this nicely detailed 3" Burrell Road Locomotive "The Dalesman". The work that has been done to date has been done to an excellent standard. Just looking at the pictures will show the time and effort the builder had gone Into to get this far in this project.
The boiler has been hydraulic tested with the test number being stamped onto the front tube plate. There are (from what I can make out) a full set of full size drawings to scale down from. The builder has also drawn up the boiler for this model specifying the plate thicknesses & construction.
The crank has been machined from solid with the balance weights bolted on as per prototype. The flywheel is fully machined. There has been a start made on the gears. The final drive gears are there for both the back axle and 2nd shaft (2 sets due to being double drive) & the crank gears have been made. There is a second shaft to crank gear cluster, but for some reason they have been made of aluminium.
The cylinder block has had the internal passages machined and liners fitted. Inlet ports need drilling and then all the stud holes for covers etc.
The tender is nicely flanged and well made. As too are the wheels. The scale greasers on the hub centres are a lovely addition and shows the effort that the builder was going to, to produce a true scale model of the highest quality.

All in all, a great start has been made. When finished, this will be a very rare & valuable model, rarely/never seen in this scale.

The asking price is £6,250

If interested please email me on jonmilns@hotmail.co.uk or contact me via facebook