Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th June 2017, 03:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Gliddon
Default Bicton Pack and Gardens steam event

For the first time in years they will be live steam traction at Bicton Park (Devon) this weekend 17th/18th

It is the first time for them holding a fathers day weekend event and will full size and miniature steam in action both days as well as RC boats on the lake and other exhibits I believe.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th June 2017, 09:45 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steven Gunn

Oh goody!! Are they getting the Marshall and the Clayton out!?!
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th June 2017, 12:34 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
For the first time in years they will be live steam traction at Bicton Park (Devon) this weekend 17th/18th

It is the first time for them holding a fathers day weekend event and will full size and miniature steam in action both days as well as RC boats on the lake and other exhibits I believe.
I wish that I had known about this a bit earlier as I will not be able to attend as I have made other arrangements for the weekend.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th June 2017, 07:17 AM
Engineer

it's been quiet strange really as we had been asked to attend a while back (almost to far back) and only in the last 8 weeks did we fully see it going ahead after popping down there for a sight visit for to see which parts of the ground we will be driving round as our engines are on the smaller side they are best suited for the event although I believe there is some bigger engines expected.
Locally they have had large advertising boards out but I've not seen any press coverage and thought best to put it on here. We really hope it goes well and could become a regular event.
I don't think/now if any of the home engines will be taken out??? but as it is such a nice weekend if there was a time to do it now would be a good choice.
I'll be heading down later and report back tonight but we hope to be taking our Tasker out tonight on a run to one of the pubs in the locality of Bicton although I couldn't say which route we'll be taking yet.....( I reckon a run through Budleigh Salterton would be nice )
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th June 2017, 09:24 PM
Engineer

A Very Hot and enjoyable weekend at Bicton, Hopefully an event that can be built on for next year as such a fantastic setting
I find posting photo's on here hard but have got a few on my facebook page, all public access if anyone wants to share them be my guest