Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th January 2018, 07:39 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood
EEK! Lister Autotrucks x2

Hi folks,

I am rationalising my collection so have decided to sell my 2 Lister Autotrucks.

Both are 1950s build, with single cylinder LD1 3.5hp engines, though they are slightly different models.

The LDS, or LD1 engine single speed, came from a farm in Buckinghamshire when it was preserved by well known YouTuber dieseljonnyboy aka fairbrass aka John. After having it for 30 odd years, he sold it to me a year ago and it has been well loved and enjoyed since.

I am currently performing a total rebuild of the engine to get it running sweetly. It was last worked on majorly when he first bought it, so it's definitely due work. It will have all new gaskets and seals, new big end bearings, new valves, new filters, reconditioned injector and pump, and various other new bits. The brakes have been stripped and rebuilt at both ends and work fantastically - this was the first job I did so that I could road test it before I took it apart. The hub bolts have also been replaced, as has the front inner tube. It will be sold as a completed, working, tested truck. It has a half round on the back, as shown, and is the only Autotruck I've seen like this.

Currently it is almost fully dismantled, we just need to get hold of a 2 1/4" socket or angled spanner to remove the flywheel so we can take the last few bits off. The injector and pump have already been reconditioned professionally by Kent Injection and are fantastic.

The LDG truck, or LD engined gearbox (2 speed), is ready to go. It's a flatbed type, that worked on Wakefield farmer's market for 40 years with the same family, doing 4 miles a week every week to and fro. It was loaned to a gold club when it was no longer required by the farming family, before being sold on, and engine up with me last year - one wasn't enough!

It is fitted with a basic but good electrical system, with LEDs all round - fantastic front headlights, tail lights, indicators, and a beacon too. There's also a great little klaxon, which people seem to love! Not original, either, but Lister did offer klaxons as an extra on these. It has old style nameplates, though the modern style plastic ones it came with can be provided no problem. There were also some information boards fitted to it which I have removed but will likewise happily include no problem. It also came with a huge folder of a massive amount of paperwork it's had from various owners, including the original owners, over the years. The original registration document, and various decades old brochures, photos, manuals (including a fantastic reproduction of the full LDS and LDG manual I purchased from Internal Fire - Museum of Power) and other documents are all there, and will be updated with the items from my ownership too. It is tax exempt, road registered and ready to drive. It has a connector for trailer lighting, which I'm sure could probably also be used to charge the battery if you have that type of connector, but I just use a mains charger with crocodile connectors. It also has a tow ball.

Since owning it I haven't done much work on it as it's a fine piece of machinery as is. With a previous owner, it was fully rebuilt into excellent condition, and it starts and drives very well indeed. It turns over incredibly nicely - better than any other Lister engine I have encountered so far. With a bit of a nudge to start it turning, you can then push the handle round with just one or two fingers, almost completely effortlessly. It has proven itself fantastic for road runs, loaded and unloaded, on the flat or up and down hills. Good brakes front and back, and with two speeds you can shift a load at a good pace of around 10mph or more.

(photo taken before I changed the number plates and removed the 2 info boards)

LDS £1200 or offer
LDG £1050 or offer

More pics of both are available if required. Both of these are fab, proven and enjoyable vehicles that will be missed, but they must go.

Please feel free to PM me, or ring or text 07803 821323 (I may not answer due to funny work hours, but will always do when I can, or ring back if I miss you), or email jameslit(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

As always, donation to TT will be made after any successful sale.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th January 2018, 11:32 PM
Engineer

Should have included the location in the post.....

Folkestone, Kent, UK.

Flatbed currently under offer.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th January 2018, 02:58 PM
Engineer

LDG flat bed now sold.

LDS half round still available on completion.