Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd July 2016, 06:30 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden
Default Torbay Steam Fair 2016

Hi,

Does anyone have the timings for the parade of steam engines around the arena yet? Each year that I have attended the TSF I seem to have just managed to arrive on site literally minutes before the parade of engines was due to start and this year I do not wish to miss this part of the rally!
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 24th July 2016, 07:38 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Sandie Armstrong

Still working on it! What I can say is that there will be a Road Run on the Friday morning from Paignton back to the showground at Churston so the Friday events will be subject to the engines arriving back. Again, as soon as the timings have been finalised, and more importantly, the start point in Paignton, all will be notified. Rough timings start from Paignton 10.30am - back to the ground by 12 noon.

I will leave it to Steve to put the main information up - he always does such a good job and I know he has been chatting to the Show Manager......so probably knows more than I do!

We are not being coy - it's just with organising a road run through town and along the main road between Paignton and Brixham, we have a lot of' i''s to dot and 't''s to cross to keep everybody onside.......and the traffic moving.

Hope that helps
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th July 2016, 02:54 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have the timings for the parade of steam engines around the arena yet? Each year that I have attended the TSF I seem to have just managed to arrive on site literally minutes before the parade of engines was due to start and this year I do not wish to miss this part of the rally!
Just finalised the ring timings (fingers crossed!) Friday: 11.00 am Parade of Miniature Steam 11.30 pm Parade of Steam

12.00 pm Road Train Arrival 3.00 pm Steam Events (Invitation Steering/Games)

Saturday: 11.45 am Parade of Steam (To include Miniature Engines) 3.15pm Steam Events

Sunday: 12.00 pm Parade of Steam 2.45pm Steam Events

Still waiting to hear from the Beach Authorities if we will be allowed up onto Paignton Sea Front to start the Friday Morning Road Run ........so far little response (bet they will respond when we all turn up! ) Road Run should be setting off at 11.00am to run along Sands Road to join A379 Dartmouth Road (Best Views Clennon Valley, Goodrington, Hookhills Cut - and Churston Common).

If, for some jobs worth reason, the sea front is not allowed - it will be from Clennon Valley Car Park (Goodrington Side) but I will confirm that nearer the day.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th July 2016, 11:28 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorbaySteam View Post
Just finalised the ring timings (fingers crossed!) Friday: 11.00 am Parade of Miniature Steam 11.30 pm Parade of Steam

12.00 pm Road Train Arrival 3.00 pm Steam Events (Invitation Steering/Games)

Saturday: 11.45 am Parade of Steam (To include Miniature Engines) 3.15pm Steam Events

Sunday: 12.00 pm Parade of Steam 2.45pm Steam Events

Still waiting to hear from the Beach Authorities if we will be allowed up onto Paignton Sea Front to start the Friday Morning Road Run ........so far little response (bet they will respond when we all turn up! ) Road Run should be setting off at 11.00am to run along Sands Road to join A379 Dartmouth Road (Best Views Clennon Valley, Goodrington, Hookhills Cut - and Churston Common).

If, for some jobs worth reason, the sea front is not allowed - it will be from Clennon Valley Car Park (Goodrington Side) but I will confirm that nearer the day.
Thanks Sandie, that is a great help. I will be bringing my 19 year old grandson with me and I will have to make sure that I dig him out of bed early enough for us to set off and reach the rally field in time for the parade!!
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd August 2016, 07:12 PM
Apprentice

Just to confirm - the Road Run on Friday 5th August will be starting from Paignton Sea Front (from the Esplanade) and will run down the main street (Torbay Road), past the Dartmouth Steam Railway Station and over the level crossing to join the main Dartmouth Road back to Churston.
Departure time 11.00am from the sea front - although there will also be the spectacle of the engines and boxes running from the ground to go to Paignton (Leaving Churston from 9.30am (ish) - plenty of vantage points along the way - notably Clennon Valley, Hookhills Road (by Blue Waters Camp) and Churston Common. ETA back at the ground will be approximately 12 noon.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2016, 01:37 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Gliddon

Hope it all went well this morning, hopefully there will be some video's and picture's of the run starting to appear soon???
"we" had only limited crew on hand today and as normal it's me that's left to work! so eager to see how they got on.....
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2016, 03:57 PM
Engineer

Does anyone know which full size engines are appearing at Torbay this year? It is not that I do not wish to attend, I do, especially as I missed last years event. However, as a result of a recent accident I can only walk very short distances at the moment using two walking sticks!
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2016, 07:42 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Raymond Hoskin

Looked out for you today Tom. Had a Brew on for you as well.
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2016, 09:08 PM
Engineer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Looked out for you today Tom. Had a Brew on for you as well.
Thanks mate, hope to be there on Sunday!! Which engine will you be on?
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th August 2016, 06:26 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Raymond Hoskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
Thanks mate, hope to be there on Sunday!! Which engine will you be on?
I was only there on the Friday . I was helping out in the working section ,Thrashing. Will be at WESES rally for three days sawing with the Portable and saw bench ..Hope to see you there this year.