Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#71  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th May 2021, 11:06 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Mike Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhead21 View Post
It will be advisable to buy tickets for events as they are limited to 4000 per day under government guide lines.
Confirmation by Government later this month.
Not after June 21st, all restrictions should be lifted then.
  #72  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th May 2021, 05:19 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Simon Thomas

Until the hoards come back from their jolly in Ibiza where they caught the next installment...
  #73  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th May 2021, 07:22 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonT View Post
Until the hoards come back from their jolly in Ibiza where they caught the next installment...
Reading between the lines and looking at the statistics (rather than listening to the BBC), I've come to the conclusion that fundamentally its all over. At least in the UK

Even the governments own statistics say 20% of the population has had it (other sources believe nearer 35) and with whatever percent of adults now immunised (50 odd percent?, with a good percentage having had both doses), means that we are there or thereabouts for herd immunity. And things get better and better by the day.

1 dose of whatever they have to hand protects 100% from hospitalisation (and therefore death), and reduces likelyhood of transmission significantly. This seems to be true whatever the variant. The NHS isnt going to get overwhelmed anytime soon, or ever as things stand.

The point where Boris says go is fast approaching. And like it or lump it, if you dont want the jab he is going to simply wish you luck, while the rest of us get on with life.

We simply need to wait for the rest of the developed world to catch up, and travel to those countries will open up. It seems tavel to the less developed world is going to cost you another fortnight in isolation going forward. For the forseeable.

The worry is a variant that dodges the protection given by the various jabs, and given we are 18months in, its not happened yet, so what are the chances?. Either way theres sod all any of us (or indeed Boris) can do about that.

Frankly I couldnt care less if Boris did or didnt say that he would sooner see bodies piled high than another lockdown. I don't care if he said it, but I agree 100% with the sentiment.
  #74  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th May 2021, 11:52 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Martin J

I hope brass cleaner is right, BUT who is going to sign off the risk assessment that face covering and social distancing is history?
Martin
  #75  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th May 2021, 12:21 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudin98 View Post
Ah bring back the British sea side experience. Two weeks of rain sat under a damp umbrella on the front at Bognor. Cant wait.
It is easy to tell if it is summer as the rain gets warmer. Also, the seagulls in Torquay fly upside down as there is nothing worth shi...ng on!
  #76  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th May 2021, 07:06 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Paul Kemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenor View Post
I hope brass cleaner is right, BUT who is going to sign off the risk assessment that face covering and social distancing is history?
Martin
I guess if Boris's team withdraws the requirements as it is rumoured they might then you have plenty of justification for removing from your RA, just quote Mr Whitty or MR Van Tam?

Paul.
  #77  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th May 2021, 07:38 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Nick Hall
Default Rain, I wished, the garden needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudin98 View Post
Ah bring back the British sea side experience. Two weeks of rain sat under a damp umbrella on the front at Bognor. Cant wait.
Bognor has always taken a ribbing over wet summers but
its actually the sunniest place in the UK and we don't get a lot of rain and we look forward to having you back.

PS, driest place in the UK is Dungeness in Kent where the nuclear power station is.
Nick - in Bognor
  #78  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th May 2021, 09:50 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: nigel kellington

I hope to get to a few rallies really missed them last year , anyone know if the ones happening will have the usual quota of engines , i suspect numbers will be a bit down as some dont bother to get their engines inspected etc for just one or two shows.

everyone is patting themselves on the back about the vaccination thing yet if you look at graphs on the net covid deaths reduced from the end end of May until mid October to small numbers last year without the benefit of vaccinations . there is an animation that shows nothing until mid October when its bursts into life again soemwhere in the preston area , and then eastern scotland , then suddenly eveywhere again , my guess was university students returning.

its an enclosed space thing , its a winter thing it appears , but at least with the vaccination you are much less likely to have a severe reaction to it.

sorry rant over , roll on what ever rallies we can get to.