Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:09 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Bill Starling
Default Bressingham Steam Gala - again!

I hope you can cope with a few more pictures to add to the efforts of Steam Boy Hertford, Arfursteam and Single Speed. It was a really nice, relaxed 'Do', except for the chap who suffered a leaking fusible plug, but did manage to road home all right.
The star of the show for me was 'Cissie', the ex Alan Bloom AA7 ploughing engine, revisiting her old home.

and taking part in the run to the nearby town of Diss.

This Wallis 'Advance', recently repatriated from the Netherlands, was making its first ever appearance at a public rally. (No. 7909 of 1927.) It's not yet road registered in the UK, so couldn't take part in the run.

I'd not had a close look at an 'Advance ' before. They are fascinatingly different.

The visiting roller from the Charles Burrell museum in Thetford.

There were a few miniatures too, dicing with the rail traffic in the grounds.

Little and large. It was reported that drivers of full size engines were seen trying their hand at miniature driving, and visa-versa.

This 4 ins Burrell is regularly seen out with three generations of the builder's family. The driver was overheard saying that an engine of this size needs almost constant firing when working hard on the road.

This local Ruston & Hornsby routinely involves two generations of the owner's family.

Finally the Wallis (Not advanced?) from the other local museum at Strumpshaw, seen arriving at Diss bus station, which just happens to be next door to a pub.

Thank you to everyone helping to provide the weekend entertainment.
Bill.