Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th October 2009, 08:08 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Nigel Keene

good pics steve! how is Robin levetating that brick in to the crusher? thats magic!
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th October 2009, 06:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steamer77 (Steve Lake)

On Behalf of Joe Nemeth

Our first public open day and vintage rally was an outstanding success, more than we could have hoped for. The sun shone all day and the exhibits just kept rolling in. The car section which was to be under cove soon filled the large barn and a good number of cars were on display out side. A wide range of vehicles were present but my personal favorite was the 1914 Perry car, owned by Rodney Withers, I was fortunate enough to have a ride in it too.
Photobucket

What a wonderful car and a very happy owner

Photobucket

A fine collection of cars, the red Austin Healey had completed a London to Mexico Rally. The small Austin J40 pedal cars were from one of our fairground rides from the 1970s. now owned and restored by Ed Cummings.
Photobucket
We had two railways set up, a 10 1/4 " gauge line and this 2 foot gauge demonstration line. Here we see driver Pete Nicholas, one of our helpers , and chairman of the Gwili Steam railway ,on Graham Lee`s Hunslet locomotive "Statfold". Other motive power was Brian Faulkerners Lister rail truck and my son ,Dan`s new build Lister" Quarryman" loco. A freelance 4wd p/m, which he has designed himself, with a little help from me........ Using an early Lister G" petrol engine of 1942! We are planning on taking it to a few other 2 foot gauge in the near future for trials, Hopefully Amberley Museum.
Photobucket
Dan Nemeths new build Lister"Quarryman" Finished only hours before and much admired and photographed, All three locos spent the day shunting skip wagons in and out of the sidings for the enjoyment of the public. Dan is hoping to take it to a number of other 2 foot gauge lines soon.
Photobucket
Chris pratt and son Jonathon proudly standing by their Bristol L bus, Chris spent three years and a fortune restoring her to perfection. through out the day they took passengers on a 6 mile round trip to Severn Beach and back, I even managed to get a seat myself. The ride was fantastic,
Photobucket
My youngest daughter Victoria in original 1940s Women's Land Army costume spent most of the day walking around the site talking to many people and received many kind comments, Vicky is only 15 years old and is a great sport . I am very proud of her.

On Behalf of Joe Nemeth (Not figured out how to add photo's yet).

More to follow,

Last edited by Steamer77; 12th October 2009 at 06:27 PM..
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th October 2009, 06:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

[IMG]Lampworthy standing in for Steamer77[/IMG]

So that was what you were doing while I was looking after your engine!!! Did not know you had taken me enjoying myself!!
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th October 2009, 08:58 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steamer77 (Steve Lake)

No, Thank you for letting me have a break, notice I did not come back with a cider this time! Next year I have my 4" Clayton lorry running - 12mph with no breaks are you a man of mouse?